Default Disabilty Hang Tag Missing from Rear Mirror

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: NY NYCity

I have a NY state blue hang tag and a NYC place card for parking in handicap parking lots' Certain Places.
    On 2/26/20 @4pm I was issued a ticket for NO handicap plates, nO SVI/SP1 Permit, No other permit. No driver no placard visible.
    No Pk Ex disability Pl/PMT. Issued @ SI Mall Privite parking lot. I e-mailed not guilty with my Statement, "I was in a rush to use the bathroom, I do have a disability permit.. See enclosed.

I received a guilty verdict by email and told to pay $180.00. "Respondent has been charged with violating Traffic Rule 4-08 (d) (3) and citation is as follows "No parking except parking permits for people with disabilities (off-street parking space designated for use by a parking permit for people with disabilities pursuant to 1203-c fo the Vehicle and Traffic law, or Designated by blue painted liens or makings displaying the international symbol of access unless.
    (A) Such person is . or is transporting. a disabled permit and displays a state special vehicle identification permit issued by NYS Commissioner of Motor Vehicles. or...

Long story short.. My hang tag was not hung from my mirror nor was my place card place on the dashboard.

I want to appeal.. and at least get my fine reduced as I am a person with a disability hang tag. Previously over the past 20 years I have had this happen twice and both times (over 10 years ago) I mailed in a copy of my tag and it was dismissed. However, this time it was a guilty verdict.
    Thank you for your comments.

Default Re: Disabilty Hang Tag Missing from Rear Mirror

This link explains how to appeal.

And this explains why your appeal may fail:

and displays

Before you can appeal you will have to pay the fine in full. If your conviction is overturned on appeal you will get a refund.

Also, your "hang tag" is meaningless in NYC. You can only use your New York City Special Parking ID placard.

1. Sponsored Links