Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Building Alarm Responsibilities

The following text is part of each lease: "Security. Tenant understands that Landlord  does  does not provide a security alarm systems or other security for Tenant or the Premises. In the event any alarm system is provided, Tenant understands that such alarm system is not warranted to be complete in all respects or to be sufficient to protect Tenant or the Premises. Tenant releases Landlord from any loss, damage, claim or injury resulting from the failure of any alarm system, security or from the lack of any alarm system or security." The "does" box is checked.
    Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    Actually he is obligated to some extent.
    What that lease paragraph says is that if an alarm is provided, the land lord has no liability.

I would get rid of the alarm system and install a surveillance camera that records who comes and goes through the door. It's a lot cheaper than $2,000 per year.

Quote Quoting budwad
    View Post
    What that lease paragraph says is that if an alarm is provided, the land lord has no liability.

I would get rid of the alarm system and install a surveillance camera that records who comes and goes through the door. It's a lot cheaper than $2,000 per year.
    That is not a bad idea.

OP here. Thanks everyone. I like the surveillance camera idea. Simply withdrawing support from the alarm might be seen as a negative. But that coupled with a surveillance camera makes me out to be a hero.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2