Default Concerned About Child's Mental Health

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: TN

Today is my son's 12th birthday. He sent me an email today that contained a gruesome short story about a college freshmen female fantasizing about, planning, and executing a murder out of curiosity.
    I was very disturbed by the story, my son likes it. I of course expressed concern about him putting things like that into his mind (it was written in a very lighthearted manner, almost like, let me tell you about the fun exciting thing I just did)

After that he started sending me crazy sounding emails, some of which was things about Satan taking him over, and "I can't do this anymore" kind of stuff. It was so scary, that I went in and changed his email password thinking that someone had just hacked his account. That was not the case.
    We are a Christian family, and my son is generally a sweet, smart, happy kid... I have no idea where any of this came from, but I am very concerned.

As you may know from previous posts, son lives with grandparents that are very hostile towards me. They would not let me speak to him about this when he got home... on his birthday.

I called the father, who refused to even discuss with me, yelled at me for not paying child support, and hung up on me...

Questions...
    First, am I validated in being very concerned?
    Second, is this justification for emergency legal action?
    Third, what would YOU do?

Previous post: https://www.expertlaw.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=245710

Default Re: Concerned About Child's Mental Health

I would certainly be concerned if this were my child. What is your relationship with his school?

Quote Quoting jumanji
    View Post
    I would certainly be concerned if this were my child. What is your relationship with his school?
    Limited... He goes to school in another county, and his father has kept me from being included in communications from the school and does not tell me when conferences are or anything like that. I have not met any of his teachers except those that have stopped by when I go in to have lunch with my son.

Quote Quoting Eph612Mom
    View Post
    Limited... He goes to school in another county, and his father has kept me from being included in communications from the school and does not tell me when conferences are or anything like that. I have not met any of his teachers except those that have stopped by when I go in to have lunch with my son.
    If you are going in to have lunch with your son, why are you not filling out the school paperwork so you will be included in the communications from the school?
    Don't make me quote Monty Python at you.

Quote Quoting BooRennie
    View Post
    If you are going in to have lunch with your son, why are you not filling out the school paperwork so you will be included in the communications from the school?
    I get the general school wide communications but because the father has custody they only communicate with him about things specific to my son and when I asked to be a part of that, they asked for his permission and he refused to give it... I don't why that is that way. But that's what it is. I have included that as part of the counter petition that he has failed to allow me to participate in my son's education. But from my side there's nothing I can do about it. My son and I intend to go back to homeschooling as soon as possible. I'm thankful my son will be able to testify if I can get back to court on this!

Quote Quoting Eph612Mom
    View Post
    I get the general school wide communications but because the father has custody they only communicate with him about things specific to my son and when I asked to be a part of that, they asked for his permission and he refused to give it... I don't why that is that way. But that's what it is. I have included that as part of the counter petition that he has failed to allow me to participate in my son's education. But from my side there's nothing I can do about it. My son and I intend to go back to homeschooling as soon as possible. I'm thankful my son will be able to testify if I can get back to court on this!
    You need an attorney.
    Don't make me quote Monty Python at you.

Quote Quoting BooRennie
    View Post
    You need an attorney.
    I know it would be better to have one, obviously, but that is not going to happen unless they are willing to take my case pro-bono. I'm open to suggestions on how to find such a person!

Quote Quoting Eph612Mom
    View Post
    The bolded is a TERRIBLE idea.

As for your concerns wrt the story, etc? What is stopping you from calling the school and telling them of your concerns?

My son lives with his grandparents and both they and his father are controlling and emotionally abusive. I don't want to create more problems for my son. He's got enough to deal with just getting through the day living with people that are not only hostile towards me but also for his love for me. I don't know how to prove mental abuse but I've been told it's very hard to do.

1. Sponsored Links