Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Perjury and Arrest for Wrong Address

My question involves vehicle registration or title in the state of: CA. See I live in Stanislaus county. I bought my car about a year ago and itís had a misprint typo for my address (itís supposed to be a 3 instead of 7). At least 6 months. I was terrified to see that I signed that this information is correct under penalty of perjury. I changed my address though for sure two weeks ago. How likely is it that if I was to get a traffic ticket the fine would increase or that I would even be arrested? I talked with an aunt who works for the county (including with criminal justice area) for 20 years and she said Iím OK as long as I admit it was an honest mistake and I changed it which I did. Thus thereís a chance someone from dmv could have mistyped something too.

Default Re: Perjury and Arrest for Wrong Address

The address isn't a problem. But you need to contact the court. Nobody can answer your question here.

Ok but what would I bring up to the court exactly? If I got any tickets?

If you have not gotten any tickets that might have gone astray due to this, you have absolutely nothing to worry about. You update things so that your address is correct and go on your merry way.
    I am the Mouse Man

Quote Quoting free9man
    View Post
    If you have not gotten any tickets that might have gone astray due to this, you have absolutely nothing to worry about. You update things so that your address is correct and go on your merry way.
    Being hypothetical this will be the last message I ever post so Iím gonna lay it all out: one if I was to get a ticket and they found out it was the wrong address how likely is it that I can be arrested or how to find increase because it was the incorrect address? I mean canít I show it was an honest mistake. Two. How would I be in trouble for the wrong address given to the DMV? Like by some chance an arrest?? I hope not.

The odds that you will be arrested because of an error in your address are so low that the instrument has not yet been invented that is able to calculate them.

The first few sentences of your post are very vague, but I think what you're saying is that the various documents that were prepared and which you signed at the time you bought the car have a typo for your address. Correct?

Quote Quoting freshprinceofCA
    View Post
    I changed my address though for sure two weeks ago.
    I assume what this means is that you have corrected the typo with the DMV. Correct?

Quote Quoting freshprinceofCA
    View Post
    How likely is it that if I was to get a traffic ticket the fine would increase or that I would even be arrested?
    Technically, you're under arrest when you get a traffic ticket (your signature on the ticket is a promise to appear in court in exchange for not being taken into custody). If what you're asking is whether the typo on the forms that you have since corrected will result in any adverse consequences if you get pulled over, the answer is almost certainly no.

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    The address isn't a problem. But you need to contact the court. Nobody can answer your question here.
    Contact the court about what? Unless I missed something, there's no pending court case.

Quote Quoting pg1067
    View Post
    Contact the court about what? Unless I missed something, there's no pending court case.
    To find out if the OP has an outstanding ticket.

OP, have you already made the correction to your address?

If so, then if you should get a ticket somewhere down the road, there is no chance - NO chance whatsoever - that you will be arrested for it.

From what I remember of your other threads, there is no real reason other than your OCD to believe that there is an outstanding ticket.

So please, for all our sakes but for yours especially, please try to relax. Okay?

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    Quote Quoting pg1067
    View Post
    To find out if the OP has an outstanding ticket.
    Maybe I'm not reading the original post correctly, but isn't this all just hypothetical paranoia on the part of the OP about something that might happen in the future? Presumably, had the OP been pulled over and given a ticket, he/she would know about that without having to call any courts. Or are you suggesting he/she contact the clerks at every courthouse in every county and judicial district where he/she has driven in the year since he/she bought the car on the off chance he/she might have gotten one of the relatively few types of tickets that wouldn't have resulted from being pulled over (e.g., a red light camera ticket)?

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast