Hybrid View

Default 1041 Schedule G, Part Ii Instructions Unclear

1041 Schedule G, Part II is a new set of questions beginning tax year 2019. The 1041-2019 instructions refer to Trusts paying Estimated tax in 2019, beginning on line 10 of Part II. Although my fiduciary 1041 is a simple, pass-thru entity, always with zero tax liability to it...and it has never paid estimated taxes...the wording of the instructions almost suggests the new questions applies to all trusts. My question is: are even pass-thru entities with perennial zero tax liability now required to pay estimated taxes throughout the tax year? Or am I reading into this something that's not there? Thanks.

Default Re: 1041 Schedule G, Part Ii Instructions Unclear

Quote Quoting edkrane
    View Post
    1041 Schedule G, Part II is a new set of questions beginning tax year 2019. The 1041-2019 instructions refer to Trusts paying Estimated tax in 2019, beginning on line 10 of Part II. Although my fiduciary 1041 is a simple, pass-thru entity, always with zero tax liability to it...and it has never paid estimated taxes...the wording of the instructions almost suggests the new questions applies to all trusts. My question is: are even pass-thru entities with perennial zero tax liability now required to pay estimated taxes throughout the tax year? Or am I reading into this something that's not there? Thanks.
    I'm not seeing any language in the instructions that implies a trust must make estimated tax payments. Exactly what wording is it that concerns you? If the trust isn't going to have any tax to pay it does not have to pay any estimated tax. Part II of Schedule G you complete to fill-in any payments that the trust did make, of course.

1. Sponsored Links