Default Hit and Run Taking Down Telephone Pole W/No Body Injuries

My car was involved in a hit and run that took down a telephone pole (which had to be over 40 yrs old). There were no other passengers involved. I have a few DUI on my record w/ no valid licence in the state of CA. My former partner thats who the car is registered too, already has the car in their drive way. If there aren't any witnesses or newby cameras, can they pin point me in the car. Im very scared and haven't spoken to police yet

Default Re: Hit and Run Taking Down Telephone Pole W/No Body Injuries

No way to know if the police or telephone company will be able to pinpoint you as the one who knocked out the telephone pole. They'd need some evidence that points to you. While you don't know of any witnesses or cameras nearby that doesn't necessarily mean that no one saw it or that no cameras recorded it. All you can do is wait and see what happens. If you had been drinking before this accident then it's likely that was at least a contributing factor to it. Given that you have previous DUI convictions this suggests a problem with drinking and driving that you really need to fix. Had you hit someone else rather than a telephone pole, you'd certainly be facing serious charges as well as the liability for the damages caused. Moreover, without a license you should not be driving at all. Note that because you had no license it's likely that your former partner's insurance won't cover any damages arising from this, and that he or she might even be liable for the damaged telephone pole along with you under the principle of negligent entrustment. I suggest that you not drive again until (1) you have a valid driver's license and (2) you address the drinking & driving problem or whatever other problem you had that caused you to smash into a telephone pole.

Quote Quoting Bnkstersam
    View Post
    My former partner thats who the car is registered too,
    The guy who beat you up in Dec?

No one here has any conceivable way of opining intelligently about whether you'll be apprehended in connection with your crime, except to say that admitting to the crime on a public message board certainly increased that likelihood.

1. Sponsored Links