Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Default Re: Quote-Mining Social Media and a Serious Breach of Trust

Quote Quoting Mark47n
    View Post
    Secret doings of secret churches in the gloaming of the wood. This certainly inspires confidence and a desire to respect your privacy, a privacy that you surrendered when you spilled about your secret church....ssseeecret....

So now what? Does the secret church take a finger? your first born? Oohhh, let's get seriously Old Testament! Are the going to stone you?

Proverbs 21:23: Whoever keeps his mouth and his tongue keeps himself out of trouble.
    I really don't think you meant to reply that to me.

Quote Quoting Cartoonist
    View Post
    So, I never actually committed a legally punishable crime in telling the world about the administrator’s personal life that she shared with me privately?

Okay, then…
    No, you didn't unless you were in a professional relationship that has some statutory duty to not release information.

47.606 N 122.332 W in body, still at 90 S in my mind.

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    I really don't think you meant to reply that to me.
    Nope...sorry.

[/QUOTE]No, you didn't unless you were in a professional relationship that has some statutory duty to not release information.[/QUOTE]

I would agree conditionally. If it was used to dox the other or in a manner that could be construed as harassment or threatening the it could be a crime. Seeing that it went nowhere indicates that law enforcement didn't see a crime or saw one but chose not to pursue it for any number of reasons.
    "Where do those stairs go?"
    "They go up!"

Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post
    Where did you get the idea that PM's are legally required to be kept confidential?
    like button

@Cartoonist p.m me with the name of the secret church...I think I may be a member. I promise you can trust me and I won't disclose the name of the SC to any and all.

Cartoonist,

I am a conservative, Republican, Christian, and member of an evangelical denomination. I have occasionally been called all manner of derogatory names on forums of all sorts. There comes a point where it is best to simply disengage. When you fan the fires, you tend to encourage bullies and trolls. If you ignore them - or treat them with kindness - it tends to take the wind out of their sails. If you spend so much time on social media that your sense of self-worth or identity is tied so closely to what strangers think of you, maybe it's time to re-assess your involvement on-line.

I prefer sites where even when there is fundamental disagreement, one can usually come back around to being (at least) friendly with their fellows on that site. I have crossed horns here and on sister sites with regulars, but, I'd like to think that when the smoke has cleared we've taken our deep breaths and gone back to friendly respect, and - at the very least - tolerance for a contrary point of view. If you are frequenting sites where the people are intentionally attacking you, maybe it's time to bail out.

You can choose to obsess over what other people who don't know you think about you, or, shake your head, pray for personal peace, and continue on with your life without obsessing.
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

Quote Quoting cdwjava
    View Post
    cartoonist,

i am a conservative, republican, christian, and member of an evangelical denomination. I have occasionally been called all manner of derogatory names on forums of all sorts. There comes a point where it is best to simply disengage. When you fan the fires, you tend to encourage bullies and trolls. If you ignore them - or treat them with kindness - it tends to take the wind out of their sails. If you spend so much time on social media that your sense of self-worth or identity is tied so closely to what strangers think of you, maybe it's time to re-assess your involvement on-line.

I prefer sites where even when there is fundamental disagreement, one can usually come back around to being (at least) friendly with their fellows on that site. I have crossed horns here and on sister sites with regulars, but, i'd like to think that when the smoke has cleared we've taken our deep breaths and gone back to friendly respect, and - at the very least - tolerance for a contrary point of view. If you are frequenting sites where the people are intentionally attacking you, maybe it's time to bail out.

You can choose to obsess over what other people who don't know you think about you, or, shake your head, pray for personal peace, and continue on with your life without obsessing.
    ^^like^^

^ Me too

yes also me

And me!

1. Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4