Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Re: Quote-Mining Social Media and a Serious Breach of Trust

You may be done, but that doesn't mean everyone else is. When you post on an open forum, you don't get to control who answers or when.

Or even how...

Nothing you wrote in your first post rises to the level of defamation.

And you don't get to choose who responds to you on this forum. Or any other. I think that is your problem.

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    Nothing you wrote in your first post rises to the level of defamation.
    Then how come I almost faced criminal charges for doing the exact same thing to someone years ago that this new site is now doing to me? For the exact same purpose (to give the other person unwanted negative attention)?

Then you did more than you have described in your first post OR there is a reason you "almost faced criminal charges."

But if you think a criminal act has taken place, report it to the police.

47.606 N 122.332 W in body, still at 90 S in my mind.

Quote Quoting Cartoonist
    View Post
    Then how come I almost faced criminal charges for doing the exact same thing to someone years ago that this new site is now doing to me? For the exact same purpose (to give the other person unwanted negative attention)?
    Publishing opinions of of isn't slander or defamation. Claiming that you're a bigot isn't slander if your published writings support that contention. You don't have to like what people say about you but that doesn't prevent them from saying it.

And I do get it. I'm a smart guy. I have a good grasp on reading comprehension and noted, in your OP, that you acknowledged that you're a bigot, just not as big a bigot as your antagonist claims. There's no wiggle room for you there.

There is no expectation of privacy in social media, blogs, or anything else unless it's stated in the TOS and I'm speaking broadly.

If you're posts are inflammatory and in violation of hate crime laws then you could be prosecuted but you, individually being attacked in writing doesn't constitute a hate crime.

So, go back to your top secret church (I picture it as a hole in the ground) and bemoan your lot in life...that you created.
    "Where do those stairs go?"
    "They go up!"

“Claiming that you're a bigot isn't slander if your published writings support that contention.” And they do not.

Forgive my poor choice of words. I meant to say, “Not the bigot you’ve made me put to be.” I was angry. I wasn’t thinking clearly.

“So, go back to your top secret church (I picture it as a hole in the ground) and bemoan your lot in life...that you created.” Unbelievable. I expected more professionalism from a site for legal experts. But, seeing as you’re determined to always have the last word, I’m not surprised.

Let me make one thing clear: never in my entire life have I intentionally mistreated someone just because they are different from me in one or more ways. The world would be a nicer place if we spoke to each other more as people and less as categories of people.

What this all boils down to is, you want the right to speak as you please, but you don't want other people to have the same right.

Quote Quoting Cartoonist
    View Post

“So, go back to your top secret church (I picture it as a hole in the ground) and bemoan your lot in life...that you created.” Unbelievable. I expected more professionalism from a site for legal experts. But, seeing as you’re determined to always have the last word, I’m not surprised.
    It's hard to be professional when dealing with someone with a secret church.

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    It's hard to be professional when dealing with someone with a secret church.
    You misunderstand. The church itself is not secret. Itís simply a piece of identifying information I wish to keep private. And yet, even with the concept of private messages, privacy as we once knew it is dead.

Where did you get the idea that PM's are legally required to be kept confidential?

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast