Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Traffic Ticket Wasnít in System, have court appearance today which Courthouse close

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of:California

My traffic ticket isnít in systems, must appear today which I did but courthouse was closed due to President Lincoln-holiday 2/12/2020. Was told by officer there to take pic of the notice (proof I appeared as note on citation) and come back tomorrow 2/13/2020 and go talk to clerk (show my pic of proof I was here on appearance date/time) to pay fine or see a judge, etc. I was gonna plead guilty to the judge today 2/12/2020 but now what? If not in system which I keep checking daily and Iíve called previously. It was fail to stop citation. Can you please help me, so confused? Thanks!

Default Re: Traffic Ticket Wasnít in Ss

Might want to give the asking of your question another try.

If you can't still edit your original post just reply to the thread.

Hello,
    I edited it, can you please tell me what I should do? Thanks!

I would do exactly what the officer suggested you do. Go back to the courthouse tomorrow.

Do you think the clerk will dismiss it with my pic and no citation on their system? Should I see the judge? Thanks!

There is no reason to think the clerk has the power to dismiss the ticket or any reason to think the judge would.

You will likely be able to pay the clerk or argue your innocence to the judge.

Alright, thank you.

I would suggest that you check with the clerk in person to see if the citation was filed. If it wasn't, there is nothing either the clerk or the judge (commissioner) can do. There isn't anything that can even be dismissed.
    I may not always be right, but I am never wrong.

Default Re: Traffic Ticket Wasnít in System, have court appearance today which Courthouse clo

Quote Quoting Jflowerh29
    View Post
    now what?
    Ummm...why not do this: "Was told by officer there to take pic of the notice (proof I appeared as note on citation) and come back tomorrow 2/13/2020 and go talk to clerk (show my pic of proof I was here on appearance date/time) to pay fine"

FWIW, leaving stuff like this until the last day is usually a bad idea.

Quote Quoting Jflowerh29
    View Post
    Do you think the clerk will dismiss it with my pic and no citation on their system? Should I see the judge?
    Dismiss what? Certainly, you shouldn't get in trouble for not appearing on or before 2/12, but there's no reason to think the clerk or anyone would dismiss the citation. Whether you need to see a judge or not will depend on what happens when you get to the clerk's window.

Default Re: Traffic Ticket Wasnít in System, have court appearance today which Courthouse clo

Update....clerk gave me a citation status letter, stating retain this form. Bring it to court if an appearance has been scheduled.
    Your citation has not been filed with court. Officer has one year to file, the agency will notify me if the date has changed; however, it remains my responsibility to monitor this citation. Once a month to check per the clerk.

I just wanted to thank this thread for responding to all my questions I couldn’t get from calling the courthouse, I feel more prepared and not so lost. Thank you ��

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast