Default How Do I Get My Refund Back

HI, I was receiving Social Security Disability benefits and entered the Ticket to Work program. I got a part time job and notified them if I went over the allowed amount. Well in 2014 they said I was overpaid. I filed an appeal, had a hearing and won 100% waiver. Now here's the problem, they took my 2014 income tax refund as part of the over payment. I got all the money back that I was owed from paying the over payment
    except for my taxes. I called Social Security and asked them but I got switched from one person to the next until they disconnected the call. How do I get the money? I already filed, so what now?

Default Re: How Do I Get My Refund Back

Quote Quoting BJ Myers53
    View Post
    HI, I was receiving Social Security Disability benefits and entered the Ticket to Work program. I got a part time job and notified them if I went over the allowed amount. Well in 2014 they said I was overpaid. I filed an appeal, had a hearing and won 100% waiver. Now here's the problem, they took my 2014 income tax refund as part of the over payment. I got all the money back that I was owed from paying the over payment
    except for my taxes. I called Social Security and asked them but I got switched from one person to the next until they disconnected the call. How do I get the money? I already filed, so what now?
    You have to get it back from Social Security. That agency got the money from the offset; not the IRS. The first potential issue I see is a possible statute of limitations (SOL) issue. How long ago did SSA take the refund?

Default Re: How Do I Get My Refund Back

Quote Quoting BJ Myers53
    View Post
    I got switched from one person to the next until they disconnected the call.
    I suggest you pay a personal visit to your local SS office and be face to face with a rep and get an answer.

1. Sponsored Links