Default Moving Violation Tied to Driver's License or Registration

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: CA. What is the name of your state? CA, I was scared to have just found something out. My registration address (incorrect) is different from my Driver's License Address. If I was supposed to receive a moving violation (eg red light camera flash) wouldn't that be sent to my driver's license address? I also heard that if I don't receive any kind of red light ticket within 15 days theres a very good chance it can be nullified due to technicality. Wouldn't this be applicable here too??

Default Re: Moving Violation Tied to Driver's License or Registration

Quote Quoting sitrokn
    View Post
    My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: CA. What is the name of your state? CA, I was scared to have just found something out. My registration address (incorrect) is different from my Driver's License Address. If I was supposed to receive a moving violation (eg red light camera flash) wouldn't that be sent to my driver's license address? I also heard that if I don't receive any kind of red light ticket within 15 days theres a very good chance it can be nullified due to technicality. Wouldn't this be applicable here too??
    If the address they sent it to isn't an address where you receive mail then they did what they were supposed to do in 15 days. You, on the other hand, likely violated yet another law.

Ok well will the adderss for a red ligjt ticket be based on my driver license address or the license plate registration address??

Registration address.

Ok. while not trying to ask in circles letís say I was supposed to get a red light ticket. If my registration address is incorrect and the driver license is correct, how likely is it theyíll figure my license address is the right one? Will it be within a 3-4 week time frame considering the deadline to send tickets out is 15 days? (Eg lets say I was supposed to get a ticket and itís delivered after 2 weeks. For sake letís say itís to my incorrect address.)Thereís no reply after one week. A total 3 weeks. Will there be another issue sent out a week after that? To my right address too?) Iím just stressful bc Iím scared I may have got a ticket Idk about BC itís sent to wrong address. And I may be screwed for something I have no clue of.

Quote Quoting Joey2992
    View Post
    Ok. while not trying to ask in circles letís say I was supposed to get a red light ticket. If my registration address is incorrect and the driver license is correct, how likely is it theyíll figure my license address is the right one? Will it be within a 3-4 week time frame considering the deadline to send tickets out is 15 days? (Eg lets say I was supposed to get a ticket and itís delivered after 2 weeks. For sake letís say itís to my incorrect address.)Thereís no reply after one week. A total 3 weeks. Will there be another issue sent out a week after that? To my right address too?) Iím just stressful bc Iím scared I may have got a ticket Idk about BC itís sent to wrong address. And I may be screwed for something I have no clue of.
    Where in CA did you get your red light camera ticket? Was it in Los Angeles County? If so, you can throw it away.

Did you see a strobe light go off as you crossed the limit line?

Quote Quoting Joey2992
    View Post
    Ok. while not trying to ask in circles let’s say I was supposed to get a red light ticket. If my registration address is incorrect and the driver license is correct, how likely is it they’ll figure my license address is the right one? Will it be within a 3-4 week time frame considering the deadline to send tickets out is 15 days? (Eg lets say I was supposed to get a ticket and it’s delivered after 2 weeks. For sake let’s say it’s to my incorrect address.)There’s no reply after one week. A total 3 weeks. Will there be another issue sent out a week after that? To my right address too?) I’m just stressful bc I’m scared I may have got a ticket Idk about BC it’s sent to wrong address. And I may be screwed for something I have no clue of.
    The first thing you need to do is correct the registered address of your car. You could also fill out a change of address form with the PO.

The address of a CITATION should go to the address on your driver's license if he or she could be identified. If the personnel and the officer managing the red light camera could not identify the driver, then a notice asking for the driver's identity would go to the vehicle's registered owner's address.
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

1. Sponsored Links