Default Average Reasonable Commission for Real Estate Probate Agent

My question involves estate proceedings in the state of: California

What is the average reasonable commission for Real Estate Probate agent in Southern California?

Default Re: Average Reasonable Commission for Real Estate Probate Agent

Your question does not involve a legal issue.

Quote Quoting renovatio522
    View Post
    My question involves estate proceedings in the state of: California

What is the average reasonable commission for Real Estate Probate agent in Southern California?
    Reasonable is in the eye of the beholder.

The standard commission is 6% to the seller's realtor. Often split 3% each if the buyer also has an agent.

Personally, I think paying 6% to get a house sold is outrageous.

I am getting to that. Thank you for the reminder!

I am currently reviewing a California Residential Listing Agreement. I am trying to figure whether it means 4% total, (2% buyer agent 2% seller agent) or 6% total (4% seller agent 2% buyer agent)?

RESIDENTIAL LISTING AGREEMENT - “OPEN”(Non-Exclusive Authorization and Right to Sell)(C.A.R. Form RLAN, Revised 12/18)

3. COMPENSATION TO BROKER:Notice: The amount or rate of real estate commissions is not fixed by law. They are set by each Broker individually and may be negotiable between Seller and Broker (real estate commissions include all compensation and fees to Broker).
    A. Seller agrees to pay to Broker as compensation for services irrespective of agency relationship(s), either ___4%____ percent of the listing price

D. Seller has been advised of Broker’s policy regarding cooperation with, and the amount of compensation offered to, other brokers.(1) Broker is authorized to cooperate with and compensate brokers participating through the multiple listing service(s) (“MLS”): (i) by offering MLS brokers: either ___2%___ percent of the purchase price,

Here is a sample agreement form
    https://www.car.org/-/media/CAR/Docu...FD8DE4AD623644

Quote Quoting renovatio522
    View Post
    I am getting to that. Thank you for the reminder!

I am currently reviewing a California Residential Listing Agreement. I am trying to figure whether it means 4% total, (2% buyer agent 2% seller agent) or 6% total (4% seller agent 2% buyer agent)?

RESIDENTIAL LISTING AGREEMENT - “OPEN”(Non-Exclusive Authorization and Right to Sell)(C.A.R. Form RLAN, Revised 12/18)

3. COMPENSATION TO BROKER:Notice: The amount or rate of real estate commissions is not fixed by law. They are set by each Broker individually and may be negotiable between Seller and Broker (real estate commissions include all compensation and fees to Broker).
    A. Seller agrees to pay to Broker as compensation for services irrespective of agency relationship(s), either ___4%____ percent of the listing price

D. Seller has been advised of Broker’s policy regarding cooperation with, and the amount of compensation offered to, other brokers.(1) Broker is authorized to cooperate with and compensate brokers participating through the multiple listing service(s) (“MLS”): (i) by offering MLS brokers: either ___2%___ percent of the purchase price,

Here is a sample agreement form
    https://www.car.org/-/media/CAR/Docu...FD8DE4AD623644
    You would need to run it by a local real estate attorney to be sure, but I can just about guarantee that it means 4% to your broker and 2% to any other broker that ends up being involved.

1. Sponsored Links