Default Person Claims They Sent Dms to Cyber Unit

I'll keep the story short. An adult DMs a minor who lives nearby based on a recent post. The minor, unexpectedly to the adult, asks if he wants to meet up. Later on, parent reads DM and claims to have screenshotted them and sent to cyber unit and detective has contacted them. In my opinion, nothing illegal happened, but I can see how the adult would read it as if the adult was trying to meet the minor.

I'd like to know two things:

1) is it possible or likely that the "cyber unit" (not sure if this means FBI) actually will receive this info and can read the DMs and open deleted comments, especially if the account was deleted?

2) what steps would actually occur if the cyber unit finds out the name/info of the adult? Does the adult have to show up in court or would they get arrested and then afterwards explain from their point of view?

Default Re: Person Claims They Sent Dms to Cyber Unit

Quote Quoting TBD2020
    View Post
    Later on, parent reads DM and claims to have screenshotted them and sent to cyber unit and detective has contacted them.
    Let me guess...you're the adult who was messaging the minor. Correct? If so, for what purpose were you doing this? Also, I assume you're saying here that the minor's parent contacted you and told you these things. Correct?

Quote Quoting TBD2020
    View Post
    1) is it possible or likely that the "cyber unit" (not sure if this means FBI) actually will receive this info and can read the DMs and open deleted comments, especially if the account was deleted?
    Since we obviously have no way of knowing what this person meant by "cyber unit," all we can do is tell you that, in the abstract, virtually anything is possible. We're obviously in no position to speak intelligently about the likelihood that some police in an unknown locality in an unidentified state (or the FBI) might take action based on messages we haven't read (or even had the content described).

Quote Quoting TBD2020
    View Post
    2) what steps would actually occur if the cyber unit finds out the name/info of the adult? Does the adult have to show up in court or would they get arrested and then afterwards explain from their point of view?
    Again, we're obviously in no position to speak intelligently about the likelihood that some police in an unknown locality in an unidentified state (or the FBI) might take action based on messages we haven't read (or even had the content described).

I suggest you stop messaging with minors and keep quiet about whatever you've done in the past, except in communications with an attorney.

Default Re: Person Claims They Sent Dms to Cyber Unit

They might be scamming you. If anyone asks you for money, Do Not Pay It.

1. Sponsored Links