Default Noi in Wrong County

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: Washington
    There is a post made by "cmonster11" on 02-29-2016, 11:56 AM on a NOI in wrong county. I'm facing a similar situation and will be following the recommendations given by Speedy Gonzalez. That is "make that motion to dismiss without prejudice for filing in the wrong jurisdiction" IRJL 2.3.
    My question is on the exceeded the requisite 5 day filing period mentioned by Speedy Gonzalez. I've read IRJL 2.6 and 2.3 and I don't see the 5 day stipulation. Any help on what rule this is from?

Default Re: Noi in Wrong County

Itís IRLJ 2.2(d)

Quote Quoting IRLJ 2.2(d)
    Filing of Notice. When a notice of infraction has been issued, the notice shall be filed with a court having jurisdiction over the infraction or with a violations bureau subject to such courts supervision. The notice must be filed within five (5) days of issuance of the notice, excluding Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays. In the absence of good cause shown, a notice of infraction not filed within the time limits of this section shall, upon motion, be dismissed with prejudice.

Thanks for the info searcher99.
    I had my court date today and all went well. I requested that the NOI be dismissed because it was filed in wrong county. The Judge looked over the NOI and looked on the computer I assume she was looking at a map to determine where the NOI was written. She asked me twice if it occurred near the bridge I replied no. Then she asked me to tell her where the NOI was written not using the officers description but my own. I gave her a natural landmark that is on the map and she then dismissed the ticket.

Congratulations and thanks for the update you provided.

1. Sponsored Links