My question involves collection proceedings in the State of: WA
I was on an assignment in a foreign country for 3 years. I have a international health Insurance provided my employer as well as my employer's business travel insurance policy business visit, which covers 100% if something were to happen during visit. During a short term business in Feb 2018 visit to US I got hit by a car(nothing serious) and next morning i got checked out by primary care. Insurance company in this case should ideally process the claims under employer's business insurance but they processed it under my insurance and i am liable for the charges. When In the email EOB i saw that it was charged to my deductible and I called up the health care provider and told them that this had to be processed under my employer's business visit plan. I never received a followup and the next thing i know that it was released to collection (got to know from frequent calls on google voice). I called collection and disputed the charge but they released it to credit bureau.
I now relocated to Texas, US and have filed an appeal with Inusrance provider. They were supposed to get back to me in 30 days but it is close to 3 months and i havent heard back from them. On every follow-up they keep pushing the date forward.
I called up collection agency and they are telling me that they wont remove this from my credit report even if I were to settle this but they will update the collection account as settled. My understanding is that even paying this charge wont fix my credit score. I am at loss to how to handle this situation. I disputed this with credit reporting agency, all they came back with was that this 'debt' was against me and valid.
1. Can the collection release the account that was in dispute to credit reporting agency?
2. Collection agency is charging me interest on the amount? Is that legal? If so, how much can they charge?
3. Is it possible to challenge the insurance agency in small claims court for acting in bad faith?
4. Is it possible to challenge the collection against me in consumer court?
5. If i am challenging this can i challenge in Texas or should it be in WA?