Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: House Repossession During Divorce

Quote Quoting llworking
    View Post
    You would have to take her back to court for contempt. The fact that she hasn't paid the mortgage since November means that you could be getting close to foreclosure, so you might what to try to make an emergency motion to the court. You also are going to need to do more to earn more money.
    Or start packing the stuff I want to keep in a smaller place I can afford, and sell my "nice to have" versus "must have" stuff. I wouldn't want to rely on a nasty ex to keep a roof over my head anyway.

I don't need to rely on the nasty ex to keep the roof over my head. I make enough money to cover a mortgage. The problem is she refinanced the house without me knowing and took the money as a deposit down on her townhouse. It is just getting the judge to reclaim that money so I can reduce the cost of the marital home. She also has approx. 60k more in net value in her house so she will have to buy me out.

Quote Quoting wbhrules
    View Post
    I don't need to rely on the nasty ex to keep the roof over my head. I make enough money to cover a mortgage. The problem is she refinanced the house without me knowing and took the money as a deposit down on her townhouse. It is just getting the judge to reclaim that money so I can reduce the cost of the marital home. She also has approx. 60k more in net value in her house so she will have to buy me out.
    Wait a minute, in a previous post you said that she took money out of her 401k to put a down payment on the townhouse. Now you are saying that she refinanced the house? How can you reclaim that money when it was put into another marital asset (her townhome) that you are going to get equity out of? In the end, its a wash.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2