Question Collecting Judgement After Winning Small Claims Against a Company (Ca)

My question involves court procedures for the state of: California

I took a company to small claims court for non-payment on work I completed for them. I easily won the case. Now I need to collect the judgement. Most of the information I read about regarding collecting small claims judgements tend to offer advice for collecting between two individuals (ie wage garnishment). What action can I take against LLC to get my money back.

They know they need to pay the money, do I start with a very basic letter saying to send the money? What if that doesn't work?

Default Re: Collecting Judgement After Winning Small Claims Against a Company (Ca)

I noticed that Orange County Superior Court has detailed information on their website. I’d be inclined to record a judgment lien, but of course you can certainly start with a demand letter. Anyway I think you’ll get a lot of answers on that site.

Default Re: Collecting Judgement After Winning Small Claims Against a Company (Ca)

Quote Quoting I_want_my_money
    View Post

They know they need to pay the money, do I start with a very basic letter saying to send the money?
    Probably a waste of time.

I suggest going to the business owner with a copy of the judgment and asking for payment. You'll find out real fast whether you are going to get paid or not.

If not, then you can review your options.

After you find out that a post judgment letter of demand isn't going to work (as if the debtor was unaware of its obligation) then you start here: (Topic: Discovery in aid of execution)

https://law.justia.com/codes/califor...0-708.030.html

The most common ways of collecting money from a business entity are bank levies and levies on receivables. Do you know where the LLC banks or who owes it money?

How much is your judgment?

A "please cough up the money" letter has no down side.

1. Sponsored Links