Default Immigration and Natural Disasters

My step children 11, 14, & 16 all live in Brazil along with my Mother in Law. The Kids all have US Visa's although they have never been here.
    My wife and I started the Immigration Process for the kids roughly 45-60 days ago.

Last week terrible weather hit their city and it is now under 10 ft of water. Literally flooding everywhere no power, many dead. Water is up to the 2nd story of buildings and flowing through the city like a river. More rain and tornados expected tonight. Possible Mudslides.

What can I do? Can I fly to Brazil pick them up and bring them here on their B2 Tourist Visa or a Family Disaster Visa and finish the Immigration process here? My wife and I are kinda freaking out..

Thank you for all advice

Default Re: Immigration and Natural Disasters

Quote Quoting IamWill80
    View Post
    My step children 11, 14, & 16 all live in Brazil along with my Mother in Law. The Kids all have US Visa's although they have never been here.
    My wife and I started the Immigration Process for the kids roughly 45-60 days ago.

Last week terrible weather hit their city and it is now under 10 ft of water. Literally flooding everywhere no power, many dead. Water is up to the 2nd story of buildings and flowing through the city like a river. More rain and tornados expected tonight. Possible Mudslides.

What can I do? Can I fly to Brazil pick them up and bring them here on their B2 Tourist Visa or a Family Disaster Visa and finish the Immigration process here? My wife and I are kinda freaking out..

Thank you for all advice
    I would strongly recommend that you consult with an immigration attorney in the morning to see if there is anything that would be messed up by bringing them to the states now. I understand your concerns for their safety, and I would have the same concerns. However, at the same time you don't want to destroy their chance of immigrating either.

Brazil is an incredibly large country. I'm sure that there are safe places in Brazil where your family can stay and not jeopardize their immigration status.

Quote Quoting adjusterjack
    View Post
    Brazil is an incredibly large country. I'm sure that there are safe places in Brazil where your family can stay and not jeopardize their immigration status.
    60% of it is rainforest. However, there probably are still a lot of safe places in the other 40%. However, I have been doing some googling and the OP is not exaggerating about how bad the flooding is. It is pretty darned awful.

Im not looking for sarcastic comments. Im looking for anyone that knows of any forms I can file through USCIS to speed up or allow me to get my kids here, out of BH Brazil and stay here where they will be living soon anways...
    American Red Cross?
    Immigration Forms for areas of Natural Disasters?

Quote Quoting IamWill80
    View Post
    Im not looking for sarcastic comments. Im looking for anyone that knows of any forms I can file through USCIS to speed up or allow me to get my kids here, out of BH Brazil and stay here where they will be living soon anways...
    American Red Cross?
    Immigration Forms for areas of Natural Disasters?
    Like I said previously, you need a consult with an immigration attorney first thing in the morning.

You need a lawyer. First, you've omitted details that are important here. Second, Brazil's and the US's immigration agencies are having a pissing match with each other right now, so that country is particularly problematic.

I need a lawyer too. Seems have same problems.

1. Sponsored Links