Question Will I Get a Ticket for Cutting Off a Moving School Bus

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: Florida

I was on my way to college, and I was told by my parents that there was a shortcut to get to school, so I used my GPS map to take me there. I was moving with the flow of traffic when the school bus decides to come in my lane from the highway, so I went around the moving school bus with the speed of the left lane traffic (50mph), with not enough time before my GPS tells me to take a right turn.

I had to get into the right lane as I the school bus did as well, and I unintentionally cut off the school bus while turning in the right lane. I would say the bus was only 8 feet behind my car.

The bus didn't have any yellow or red blinkers on and was moving while making a right turn. I just feel bad that I mistakenly cut off the school bus.

Will I get a citation in the mail?

Default Re: Will I Get a Ticket for Cutting Off a Moving School Bus

Will you? I don't know. My crystal ball is at the cleaners.

Could you? Sure. What you did is called reckless driving. Could have gotten yourself and others killed.

Learn to slow down and have a little patience. You'll still get where you are going.

There are traffic laws in Florida and elsewhere that penalize, sometimes severely, passing a school bus when it is stopped for purposes of loading/unloading its passengers.

Outside of that scenario, a school bus driving down the road is treated the same as any other vehicle.

On the information you've supplied, your risk from cutting off a school bus is probably the same risk you would have for cutting off any vehicle.

Absent additional relevant facts, and based on the information you've supplied, it seems very unlikely that you'd get a ticket in the circumstances you describe.

Quote Quoting MiddlePart
    View Post
    There are traffic laws in Florida and elsewhere that penalize, sometimes severely, passing a school bus when it is stopped for purposes of loading/unloading its passengers.

Outside of that scenario, a school bus driving down the road is treated the same as any other vehicle.

On the information you've supplied, your risk from cutting off a school bus is probably the same risk you would have for cutting off any vehicle.

Absent additional relevant facts, and based on the information you've supplied, it seems very unlikely that you'd get a ticket in the circumstances you describe.
    I agree.

Doubtful, since the bill mentioned below hasn't been passed:

https://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bil...849/ByCategory

1. Sponsored Links