Default Clock Work Fraud in Amazon

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Connecticut. The past week I didnít not feel well but I had no time off to take so my friend would clock me in and clock me out when we would get out, she told me that she knew someone that was doing it for a month straight so I thought doing it 2-3 times wasnít going to be any harm. Yesterday I was recently called to HR and asked about why I clocked in but not to my station (Iím a stower btw) and if I came in those days to clock in. I told them I wasnít sure if I was but when they asked if someone else clocked me in I denied. They told me they would investigate this further. I go in a little later but Iím a little scared they go to law enforcement and I end up going to jail I know some people got fired for doing it for themselves but not for others I already tried getting fired so I wonít be disappointed if I did but Iím afraid of the law more. Please help with any advice or suggestions or ideas that can help out with my situation???

Default Re: Clock Work Fraud in Amazon

It would surprise me greatly if law enforcement got involved.

You can expect to be fired.

I'm curious. If you have tried to be fired before why don't you just quit?

Quote Quoting Jaylenor
    View Post
    The past week I didnít not feel well but I had no time off to take so my friend would clock me in and clock me out when we would get out, she told me that she knew someone that was doing it for a month straight so I thought doing it 2-3 times wasnít going to be any harm.
    So...by your reasoning, because the folks mentioned in this article killed multiple dozens of people, you would think that killing 2-3 people wouldn't "be any harm." Right?

Quote Quoting Jaylenor
    View Post
    Please help with any advice or suggestions or ideas that can help out with my situation?
    Not really sure what you expect anyone here to tell you. What you and your co-worker did was beyond stupid (and, by the way, posting about it on a public message board wasn't necessarily the smartest thing in the world). You should expect to be fired if your employer figures this out, so you might want to start gearing up to look for another job. Beyond that, all you can do is hope that your employer doesn't figure it out. AND DON'T DO IT AGAIN.

All that said, no crime was committed, so you're not going to jail.

If you were paid for the time you weren’t there, a crime was commited and that crime has successfully been prosecuted in other situations. it is theft and fraud. Your friend is also at risk due to their complicit activities.

whether the police will become involved is something only they can tell you. I’ve seen people prosecuted for much less money than is involved here.

I have to ask; in what world do you think taking pay for time not worked but clocking in to fool your employer into believing you did put in the time would not be wrong?

this would also most likely make you ineligible for unemployment benefits

"If you were paid for the time you weren’t there, a crime was committed"

I agree. I but if will denied the allegation the your HR pointing to you better pray that they don't have evidence or just start looking for a new job and dont do it again.

1. Sponsored Links