Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default A Class Action

My question involves civil rights in the State of: California.

Hello I am looking into information regarding class actions. I am considering a class action for equal protection of the law for unemployment compensation on an at-will basis in our at-will employment States, in order to better promote the general welfare in a market friendly manner in our Republic.

Employment is at the will of either party not just the Richest party for benefits administered by the State. Labor as the least wealthy must have the liberty to enjoy equal protection of the law.

Solving simple poverty in our Republic can only be a Good thing since we should have no homeless problems in our First World economy.

Default Re: A Class Action

Hey, it's you! Welcome back! Now please go away again. No one bought you at-will unemployment crap before and no one is going to buy it now.

Quote Quoting free9man
    View Post
    Hey, it's you! Welcome back! Now please go away again. No one bought you at-will unemployment crap before and no one is going to buy it now.
    lol. no one had a valid argument for rebuttal, either. i win; like usual.

That you believe that you win by default when nobody opposes you is a delusion that requires psychiatric help.

Quote Quoting adjusterjack
    View Post
    That you believe that you win by default when nobody opposes you is a delusion that requires psychiatric help.
    lol. ad hominems are considered fallacies.

It's not that no one has any arguments against you, Daniel, it's that your theory is so ridiculous that it's not even worth arguing the point.

My last word on the subject.

There is no appeal to ignorance of the law, especially on law forums.

Article 1, Section 7

A person may not be deprived of life, liberty, or property without due process of law or denied equal protection of the laws

You had your due process. Just because you don't agree with it, doesn't make it invalid.

Quote Quoting flyingron
    View Post
    You had your due process. Just because you don't agree with it, doesn't make it invalid.
    Actually, I haven't had any Due Process because I can't afford to go to Court and the non-responsiveness of the agency involved.

How difficult is it to start a not for profit venture to file a class action?

Or, how difficult is it to do this on a pro se basis, for free?

Quote Quoting Daniel Palos
    View Post
    Actually, I haven't had any Due Process because I can't afford to go to Court and the non-responsiveness of the agency involved.
    The fact you didn't avail yourself of what was available doesn't mean you didn't have it.
    How difficult is it to start a not for profit venture to file a class action?
    Why do you think you need to do this. Even if you had a cause a "not for profit venture" is neither required, nor does it fulfill the needs to have a class action. It's harder to form a class action than it is for your individual suit. There's a bunch of things you need to have to have a class action that you don't have:

1. You have to have an ascertainable class. You can't just say "I'm suing on behalf of all the downtrodden people in my situation." You have identify a specific group of people.
    2. You have to show that there are so many people in that class that you can't just sue on their individual behalfs. For instance, if something bad happens that affects me and my five neighbors, we'd have to join together for an action listing each of us rather than using a class action
    3. You have to show commonality. It's not enough that the "system" has harmed all these people. You'd have to show that the specific person you're suing (this particular police departement or whatever) is common toa ll of them.
    4. You have to show typicality. That is that all the actions, had they been brought invidually, have the same issues involved and the same prosecutions or defenses (i.e., cookie cutters of each other).
    5. You have to show that YOU as the person bringing the suit adquately represents all the others in the class.
    ...just to name a few.

Or, how difficult is it to do this on a pro se basis, for free?
    Impossible, pro se. You might be able to convince an attorney to take it on a contingent fee basis IF YOU HAD A CASE THAT HE COULD REMOTELY WIN. The problem is your case is so specious, that no attorney would risk his license even filing something so frivolous.

This all ignores the fact that YOU DON'T HAVE A CASE for even your specific case, let alone to support a class action.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast