Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Sign on Bonus - Sears Bankruptcy - New Company Acquires - Resignation - Return Bo

Quote Quoting budwad
    View Post
    Complete and total diarrhea of the mouth. Now you, the account, is an expert in corporate actuations in bankruptcy law. Why don't you explain the terminology that you believe I don't understand.
    You keep stating that they purchased the whole company when the information you cited clearly shows that they did not. I just don't understand why you ALWAYS refuse to admit that you got something wrong. Several other people besides me have tried to explain that to you in this thread.

And by the way, sales of companies, in and out of bankruptcy, is a required subject for an accounting degree.

Default Re: Sign on Bonus - Sears Bankruptcy - New Company Acquires - Resignation - Return Bo

Quote Quoting llworking
    View Post
    The question is whether or not they purchased employee contracts of the specific employees to whom they offered jobs, and whether or not those contracts were even an asset that could be purchased.
    So where could the OP find this information?

Quote Quoting bcr229
    View Post
    So where could the OP find this information?
    He/she would probably need to take the contract he originally signed to an employment attorney for an opinion as to whether or not it was a saleable asset. I don't know how he could find out whether or not the contract was actually purchased by the new company.

Quote Quoting llworking
    View Post
    You keep stating that they purchased the whole company when the information you cited clearly shows that they did not. I just don't understand why you ALWAYS refuse to admit that you got something wrong. Several other people besides me have tried to explain that to you in this thread.

And by the way, sales of companies, in and out of bankruptcy, is a required subject for an accounting degree.
    I never said that TransformCo purchased the entirety of Sears.

It is obvious from what I posted that TransformCo did not purchase the entirety of Sears. But it stands to reason that if OP is receiving correspondences saying they owe the signing bonus that TransformCo purchased the portion of Sears that OP worked for.

You don't have any more info than I have on what TransformCo purchased. But if that part of Sears that was purchased has the contract with OP, then they owe the signing contract.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3