Default Equipment Missing from Vehicle

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: Texas

I recently purchased a vehicle online from one of the popular online organization. When I received the vehicle it was missing a remote and a second key. I checked with the dealership and to replace those items it would cost me approximately $800.00. Prior to the purchase I had asked the salesperson if the vehicle had everything. He said yes. None of the information on the site stated that the vehicle had one key nor did it say that the remote was missing. When I contacted the organization they said that they would order another remote but that the vehicle only had one key. Furthermore, they stated that the information about the vehicle only having one key was on their parent site. There was nothing on the site I looked at that stated the vehicle only had one key. Also there was nothing that stated to see the parent site for further details. In subsequent communications with them they maintain that the information was on the other site and that their policy is only to provide one key. What standing do I have? I believe that because they did not inform me that there was only one key that they are obligated to provide it. The key and the programming would cost $500.00. The company is headquartered in Texas even though I am in South Carolina.

Default Re: Equipment Missing from Vehicle

What "popular online organization?" If you're talking about ebay, you didn't buy it from them, you bought it from someone advertising on that site. "All there" does not equate to having two sets of keys. If you wanted two sets, you needed to do proper due diligence.

Quote Quoting flyingron
    View Post
    What "popular online organization?" If you're talking about ebay, you didn't buy it from them, you bought it from someone advertising on that site. "All there" does not equate to having two sets of keys. If you wanted two sets, you needed to do proper due diligence.
    The site was Cargurus. The organization selling the vehicle listed the vehicle with them. They did not make an exception for the key nor did they state that the information was incomplete or to see the another site. However, when one visited their other site they clearly list for their vehicles that they have one key. If they think it is appropriate to list that information on their parent site, then they thought the information needed to be listed. They should have been listed on the information on the Cargurus site as well.

I think you can get a duplicate key made at Home Depot that'll work the doors and the ignition. You just won't have a second remote.

You may have to be satisfied with that.

It'll cost you a lot more than $800 to go to Texas and litigate and you won't get your travel costs or earnings you lose taking time off from work.

As was explained at the other site where you posted this, you don't appear to have any valid claim because the seller made no representation about the number of keys and because that's not something the seller was required to disclose.

ETH.CEO【Ethereum wallet】

ETH.CEO Wallet is an application that allows you to manage your Ethereum Private key, send or receive ETH. Such application can be desktop, mobile, hardware, or website.

ETH.CEO Wallet - Trusted team Real utility Get bonus tokens Now

Web:https://eth.ceo/

Quote Quoting stereotypechris
    View Post
    ETH.CEO【Ethereum wallet】

XXXX is an application that allows you to manage your Ethereum Private key, send or receive ETH. Such application can be desktop, mobile, hardware, or website.

XXXXTrusted team Real utility Get bonus tokens Now

Web:XXX
    your spam has been reported.

1. Sponsored Links