Angry Volkswagon Lemon

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: Colorado
    I purchased a brand new 2015 volkswagon jetta,and have been paying for this car on time since purchase,last November the car made a horrible noise and began to jerk and junp,
    I took it to the dealership and they said its the transmission,
    volkswagon warrenty states 100,000 miles warrenty on parts
    my car has 51,000
    they refused to fix my car,stating the transmission fluid is not clear,
    The car has never been touched by anyone for transmission services because it is not required until the 60,000 mile is reached
    so i'm paying 445.00 a month for a car that has been sitting in the garage since last October
    is there anything that I can do about this
    how will a voluntary surrender hurt my credit if I give the car back?
    I cannot afford 5,000 for new transmission and I feel volkswagon should fix their car.
    I took the car to another volkswagon dealer,and they said volkswagon is responsible for the car,
    there had to be a defect of some sorts.
    where can I get help with this?

Default Re: Volkswagon Lemon

What happened when you asked the second dealership to fix it under warranty?

You may have to escalate this to VW to get the issue resolved.

Badly.

The car will be sold at auction for a fraction of the loan balance and the lender will come after you for the rest. A voluntary repo is still a repo and will trash your credit and stay on the report for 7 years. You might even get sued for it.

Who is it who is refusing to honor the warranty? The dealer or the manufacturer? There should be a way of escalating this to the corporate level.

You might even consider calling your local investigative reporters at the newspaper or TV stations, or call your state's consumer affairs department.

What have you done since October besides:

they refused to fix my car, I took the car to another volkswagon dealer,and they said volkswagon is responsible for the car,

Quote Quoting gotabummdeal
    View Post
    I took the car to another volkswagon dealer,and they said volkswagon is responsible for the car,
    Then why didn't that dealer do the work?

FYI, this has nothing to do with "lemon" law. Lemon laws deal with situations in which a new car has a defect that cannot be repaired after some reasonable number of attempts. You don't appear even to have tried to get your car repaired (and I suspect a car with 51k miles would not be covered under the lemon law).

View Post
    is there anything that I can do about this
    Ummm...you could pay to have the repair done.

View Post
    It will negatively impact your credit.

View Post
    I cannot afford 5,000 for new transmission and I feel volkswagon should fix their car.
    The question is whether the repair is covered under the warranty. That can't be determined without reading the terms of the warranty. Are you sure a new transmission is required and that it will cost $5k?

View Post
    I took the car to another volkswagon dealer,and they said volkswagon is responsible for the car
    Who are they? Some mechanic or service advisor? The opinion of such a person about the applicability of a warranty is meaningless (as others have noted, if this second dealer believes the repair is covered under the warranty, why not have it do the work?).

View Post
    where can I get help with this?
    A quick google search tells me that one can sue for up to $7,500 in small claims court in Colorado.

Angry Re: Volkswagon Lemon

Quote Quoting free9man
    View Post
    What happened when you asked the second dealership to fix it under warranty?

You may have to escalate this to VW to get the issue resolved.

Hi,
    The dealership was not just volkswagon dealership,
    And I tried to escalate this to volkswagon and they just m said they won't go against the repair guy at the dealership.
    I was once told to send complaint to bbb does anyone think that would do any good?
    the dealership is trying to say because the transmission fluid was not clear that someone else put fluid in the car,
    And it was never touched,There was no need for transmission to be touched I am only at 51.000
    they are just giving me run around because i'm a woman I think

Now that sounds like a great Idea !!!
    it's because of one mechanic at the dealership that my car is being denied,and because of him volkswagon said they won't go against the dealership

actually after getting really frustrated with the dealer,
    I have checked on new transmission cost and even used transmission.
    I've requested to see the head boss at dealership and gotten nothing
    so the car sits and I just keep paying monthly

they also stated that the car apparently had defect that the transmission fluid apparently was not being cooled,
    and the fluid was turning brown because the transmission was going bad,
    he also said,
    ,,what kind of fluid do they use ? there is no clear transmission fluid,,
    he said lady someone is playing you
    keep going back

Thanks for all the advice,
    The remark of pay to get car fixed would be nice if there was a money tree in my yard
    The car was brand new,it is still under parts warrenty
    I constantly also get recall letters for the car on various parts,
    guess i'll wait until they discover the jetta has faulty transmission
    will try the suggestion for news report ,and also for bbb complaint maybe they can mediate this fiascal
    can't even drive a block without the car chugging and jerking down the street

Dear pg1067
    I am aware this has nothing to do with lemon law
    I said my car was a lemon.it apparently has or had some defective parts to just suddenly start chugging like a broke down train
    thank you for you response

View Post
    I was once told to send complaint to bbb does anyone think that would do any good?
    Not really. The BBB is a paper tiger.

View Post
    the dealership is trying to say because the transmission fluid was not clear that someone else put fluid in the car,
    They are full of crap. Transmission fluid is never completely clear. It is also going to pick up contaminants over the years so it would not still be the same color as when it rolled out of the factory after 4 years.

View Post
    they also stated that the car apparently had defect that the transmission fluid apparently was not being cooled,
    and the fluid was turning brown because the transmission was going bad,
    he also said,
    ,,what kind of fluid do they use ? there is no clear transmission fluid,,
    he said lady someone is playing you
    keep going back
    Who is "they"? The other dealership? If it was a VW dealership and they agree it should be covered, they should be willing to do the warranty work. I know it's not a money maker for them but it could get them a new customer (you) or customers (if you speak highly of them).

I bought a Toyota camry new from a Toyota dealer. A few days later, I brought the camry to a car wash. The left headlight was foggy on the inside with a little water inside the headlight housing. I brought the car back to the purchasing dealer and they told me it would not be covered under warranty. The car maybe had 200 miles on it at the time. I huffed and puffed and they basically told me to screw.

I brought the car to another dealer and they told me that they would order a new left headlight housing and cover it under warranty. They fulfilled their obligation to me.

So, keep trying other VW dealers and see which one will help you out. Calling BBB will do you no good. Calling VW U.S.A., won't do you any good ether. You need to find that VW dealer that will honor the warranty.
    I'm not a lawyer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.......

Colorado's Lemon Law only applies for defects that arise during the first year.

1. Sponsored Links