Default Issues with K1 Visa

My fiancé came to the US (Los Angeles, CA) on 12/25/19 from Armenia on a K1 visa that expired on 1/2/20. We have until 3/23/20 to get married and apply for a green card for her. Only family she has here is a maternal aunt and a maternal grandmother. When she got here she was staying in a separate room in my house. After several days of endless arguments we decided to break up. On 1/8/20 she packed her bags and her aunt came and picked her up and took her to her house, where she’s currently staying. I don’t think she’s the right person for me and I want to put an end to all this. I don’t know how to go about it. We haven’t submitted any documents and haven’t filed any forms with USCIS since she’s arrived. I also don’t want to be medically, financially, nor legally responsible for her if anything happens to her moving forward, since we’re no longer together. Are there any actions I need to take at this time? Any forms to submit to the government? Any authorities to notify? Thank you.

Default Re: Issues with K1 Visa

Quote Quoting migranv
    View Post
    My fiancé came to the US (Los Angeles, CA) on 12/25/19 from Armenia on a K1 visa that expired on 1/2/20. We have until 3/23/20 to get married and apply for a green card for her. Only family she has here is a maternal aunt and a maternal grandmother. When she got here she was staying in a separate room in my house. After several days of endless arguments we decided to break up. On 1/8/20 she packed her bags and her aunt came and picked her up and took her to her house, where she’s currently staying. I don’t think she’s the right person for me and I want to put an end to all this. I don’t know how to go about it. We haven’t submitted any documents and haven’t filed any forms with USCIS since she’s arrived. I also don’t want to be medically, financially, nor legally responsible for her if anything happens to her moving forward, since we’re no longer together. Are there any actions I need to take at this time? Any forms to submit to the government? Any authorities to notify? Thank you.
    There is nothing you need to do other than to NOT get married to her. You should however make it clear to her that the marriage will not happen. If you don't get married then she will be out of status as of 3/23/2020 and will have to go home.

1. Sponsored Links