Default Wrong Speed Limit

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: Florida

I got pulled over in December 2019 for doing 50 in a 30. Paid the ticket because I didn't know any better. I was driving down that road the other day and noticed it's a 45, both directions, that entire strip of road, bordered by 2 30mph zones (the 45 is the road leading up to a bridge and the bridge itself). The specific area where it says I was speeding is right in the middle of the 45mph zone.
    I immediately filed a motion to reopen the ticket and I now have a court date for next month.
    What evidence do I need to prove that she was wrong? Will they accept a video of the street on my phone or should I do a series of pictures? By the way, in my county, according to the handout I was given with the ticket, 1 to 5mph over the speed limit is not a ticket unless you are in a school, construction or toll zone, which I wasn't. Specifically cited under 316.187

Default Re: Wrong Speed Limit

Quote Quoting katkinson89
    View Post
    What evidence do I need to prove that she was wrong? Will they accept a video of the street on my phone or should I do a series of pictures?
    I would think either would be fine, but why not do both?

Quote Quoting katkinson89
    View Post
    By the way, in my county, according to the handout I was given with the ticket, 1 to 5mph over the speed limit is not a ticket unless you are in a school, construction or toll zone, which I wasn't. Specifically cited under 316.187
    Not sure what this "handout" says (care to attach a copy?), but FSA 316.187 most certainly does not provide that speeding from 1-5 mph over the limit is not chargeable.

1. Sponsored Links