Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: Pa Medical Marijuana and Firearms Ownership

Quote Quoting Mr.Fix_It
    View Post

I keep a single firearm I my home for self defense - the firearm remains solely in my home. That's going to be "found out" about?
    Sure. The one time you use it for self defense, the police come, investigate, impound the gun (temporarily), the possession goes on record which can then be accessed by the feds along with your medical marijuana card.

Quote Quoting Mr.Fix_It
    View Post

To rephrase, by using medical marijuana, not only would I not be able to purchase, carry, or possess a firearm, but I also have to liquidate or destroy ALL existing firearms that I've inherited over 3 generations?
    Yes.

Using marijuana and possessing a firearm is illegal under federal law. What part of that aren't you getting?

Look, you can go the rest of your life using marijuana and owning firearms and maybe nothing will ever come of it. But Murphy's Law says whatever can go wrong will go wrong.

We've explained the risks. It's entirely up to you now.

Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6. Thanks all for the input.

Quote Quoting Mr.Fix_It
    View Post
    Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6. Thanks all for the input.
    Agreed but you could always just not use pot.

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    Agreed but you could always just not use pot.
    One possible decision. The Fed really needs to just reclassify it. I'll just keep bidding my time. 28 states have authorized medicinal marijuana. Several states have outright decriminalized it. Just a matter of time it seems. I'm more personally concerned about the people habitually taking SSRIs and carrying guns than I am the pot heads.

Quote Quoting Mr.Fix_It
    View Post
    I'm more personally concerned about the people habitually taking SSRIs and carrying guns than I am the pot heads.
    Yes, that.

And alcohol is classified as a depressant, and the law is not used against hop-heads

Quote Quoting Mr.Fix_It
    View Post
    One possible decision. The Fed really needs to just reclassify it. I'll just keep bidding my time. 28 states have authorized medicinal marijuana. Several states have outright decriminalized it. Just a matter of time it seems. I'm more personally concerned about the people habitually taking SSRIs and carrying guns than I am the pot heads.
    I don't necessarily disagree but the law is the law.

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    I don't necessarily disagree but the law is the law.
    True, but just as not all laws are the same, not all risks are the same either. The Fed could care less about personal use of pot.

As for pot vs. alcohol, alcohol is ten times stronger. Local police also know this and apply the law accordingly.

To quote laws and statutes regarding pot means a person is out of touch with reality.

This is not sarcasm (except for the comment about hightimes.com).

Quote Quoting Mr.Fix_It
    View Post
    While I appreciate your sarcasm, I am looking for opinions - I'll make my own decision. I also stated in the OP that I'm having a difficult time finding actual lawyers to speak to - all say the laws in that area are changing too rapidly, or that they do not have enough experience with firearms to provide an opinion.
    Or it could be the lawyers do not want to be party to a conspiracy to violate federal laws which would get them disbarred and themselves facing federal felony charges.

Quote Quoting Mr.Fix_It
    View Post
    Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
    I agree 100% with that sentiment but nobody is going to have to pry marijuana from my cold dead fingers.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast