Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Regarding the 12 Month Restrictions on a Provisional License

Quote Quoting MZZ3
    View Post
    No, California doesn't take your old license when you get a new one. Your old license just gets invalidated and can't be used anymore. I do have my first license, but it was at home when I got ticketed so I couldn't prove it to the officer.
    Then appear in court on the court date. Show the judge your original license to prove that you had been driving on a license for more than 12 months, and hopefully the ticket will get dismissed.

The issue date and the date of the provisional status should be on the license itself. How did the officer determine that you were driving in violation of your provisional status?

The status would also be in the DMV data accessed by the officer or his dispatcher. It's possible that the DMV's data was out of whack, in which case you'll likely need your license printout to take with you to court to show you were no longer provisional.

I'm wondering if when you got your RealID the DMV issued a new provisional license and erroneously used the new issue date as opposed to the original one. That makes more sense.
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

Quote Quoting MaltbyMark
    View Post
    I hope the OP kept his previous DL to ease proving his arguement to the judge that his 12 month restricted period ended in October 2019, 12 months after the issuance of the first DL. Go tho court and plead your case.
    https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/de...t_facts/ffdl19
    http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/fa...ionNum=12814.6.
    Quote Quoting flyingron
    View Post
    Sorry, the above stuff is NOT the law. The law is 12814.6(b)(2) and that says twelve months from the date of issuance of his provisional license. The reason I suggested to ask the DMV is that they likely have a way to show the original provisional issuance rather than the reissued license (which shows the date that particular one was issued).
    If you'll notice, I did infact post a direct link to 12814.6, which is actually duplicated in full by the DMV.

The officer pointed to the issuing date at the bottom right corner of the front of my license that had the date of 07/31/2019, the month that I applied for my RealID.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2