Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Can an Adult Child Request a Paternity Test from Legal Father

Most of the DNA tests you see advertised require a saliva sample from the person to be tested (you spit into the tube until it's full), so I don't see how you will get a sample without the father's cooperation.

Quote Quoting Taxing Matters
    View Post
    Your private information is hard to control once you give it over to others. If you think that companies never abuse the information you give them then you've not been paying attention to what uses companies have made of private information. While there are times that it's worth giving up some info in exchange for some service you want, you should make sure you understand what uses the company says it will make of your data and how the data you do give up might be abused.
    I understand all of that. I'm not important enough for any "hacker*" to target, nor do I play a myriad of dodgy games on social media which are there to further gather information/access my social media accounts. I also understand that in having social media accounts that I allow marketers to access information about me; that's part of the deal to use their services for free. I don't go to websites that will infect my computers and send information out to the dark web (even though the Equifax breach put it out there). I know that Google tracks my every move (big deal) via my cell phone/web searches. My DNA is up on three (maybe four) sites because I put it there. I don't care. I live to skew demographics (just ask Neilsen, when I was a Neilsen household). None of this matters. What are they going to do to me? Show me an ad for something (that more than likely I have already purchased)? Ruin my credit (did that already, too)? Not hire/insure me because there's a family history of Bipolar disorder/Parkinsons/high blood pressure? So again, I say 'Meh'. I'm not living my life paranoid or scared of what some nebulous being out in the ether might do, because frankly, I've already lived through traumas that most people have not and managed to make it out the other side with my sanity mostly intact. Everything else is just fluff.
    Don't make me quote Monty Python at you.

Quote Quoting BooRennie
    View Post
    So again, I say 'Meh'. I'm not living my life paranoid or scared of what some nebulous being out in the ether might do, because frankly, I've already lived through traumas that most people have not and managed to make it out the other side with my sanity mostly intact. Everything else is just fluff.
    If you don't care about giving up your private information so easily that's your choice. I certainly don't live my life "paranoid or scared" over privacy matters, but I also don't hand out my private information to everyone who asks for it and I do look at the privacy policies of the companies I consider using and reject those that share information with seemingly everyone. It's really not that hard to guard your privacy from at least the worst known offenders. Google and Facebook are two of the worst among large companies. I don't use the products of either one. And it's not that hard to do as I don't need anything either company offers. There are plenty of alternatives to do the same things from companies that are more mindful of privacy.

Quote Quoting BooRennie
    View Post
    I understand all of that. I'm not important enough for any "hacker*" to target, nor do I play a myriad of dodgy games on social media which are there to further gather information/access my social media accounts. I also understand that in having social media accounts that I allow marketers to access information about me; that's part of the deal to use their services for free. I don't go to websites that will infect my computers and send information out to the dark web (even though the Equifax breach put it out there). I know that Google tracks my every move (big deal) via my cell phone/web searches. My DNA is up on three (maybe four) sites because I put it there. I don't care. I live to skew demographics (just ask Neilsen, when I was a Neilsen household). None of this matters. What are they going to do to me? Show me an ad for something (that more than likely I have already purchased)? Ruin my credit (did that already, too)? Not hire/insure me because there's a family history of Bipolar disorder/Parkinsons/high blood pressure? So again, I say 'Meh'. I'm not living my life paranoid or scared of what some nebulous being out in the ether might do, because frankly, I've already lived through traumas that most people have not and managed to make it out the other side with my sanity mostly intact. Everything else is just fluff.

Don't complain if/when you are denied insurance or you have to pay more based on the information the insurance company has from the DNA test. Also tell your children, grandchildren, etc not to complain.

Quote Quoting Cananga
    View Post
    Can an adult child request a paternity test from the father that raised the child and is on the birth certificate?
    No law in any state regulates what one adult can or may request from another adult.

If that wasn't the question you intended to ask and, instead, intended to ask whether, in some particular situation, the adult child might be able to obtain a court order for a paternity test, the answer depends on the particular facts and circumstances of that situation. If you want to describe the relevant facts and circumstances, then someone may be able to give you an informed assessment of this.

Quote Quoting Cananga
    View Post
    Could the DNA sample be taken without the fatherís knowledge
    In the abstract, virtually anything, including this, is possible.

What is the medical issue that you seem to think ought to give you a right to compel a DNA test?

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2