Default Use Voices of Creative Commons Attribution License Videos

My question involves personal property located in the State of: Internet.

Hello,

I found a couple videos on YouTube which are published Creative Commons Attribution License.
    I like the voices and the topics but not the graphics of the original videos.

Is it legally okay if I use only the voices as voice-over on my own graphics/pictures, and give credit of the voices to their respective authors in the description box?

Regards

Default Re: Use Voices of Creative Commons Attribution License Videos

Go,to,the Creative Commons attribution license webpage and read the terms of use of works published under their licensing model.

There are different types of licensing. You need to determine what license type the art is published under. Then you can figure out what the licensing allows.

https://creativecommons.org/use-remix/cc-licenses/

ATTRIBUTION is one of the specific Creative Commons licenses.
    Attribution 3.0 allows you to adapt the work for any purpose provided you give attribution and indicate you modified the original, and that you don't constrain further anybody else's use of the original material embodied in your work. Generally, you do this by just referencing the creator and the CC Attribution 3.0 terms.

There are multiple 6 different attribution 4.0 licenses each with varying requirements. If op goes to the link I provided and scrolls down they will be given a list of the types of licenses.

as to your statement ron, the cc-Nd license specifically excludes derivative works, which is what the op appears to be asking about.

op needs to determine what cc license the works asked about are published under.

No, JK, there are not. There is exactly ONE "Attribution" licenes.

There are five other licenses whose titles start with the word Attribution, but CC Attribution is a specific license.

I stand corrected but since version 4.0 is out and has been for several years it would be in the best interest if op reviews the proper version. I don’t know what, if anything has changed between 3.0 and 4.0 but most times when a new version is released, there are some changes.

1. Sponsored Links