Default Review on a Website

My question involves malpractice in the state of: CA

I negatively reviewed this doctor on one of the physician rating websites. I want to remove it from that website, not that I feel different about the doctor, but just want to move on though my mom was harmed by this doctor. The question is will I be able to remove it. Will this doctor be able to trace the review back to me/my mom. If yes, will this doctor be able to prove that the review came from us ( if we are not able to remove it for any reason).. Thanks

Default Re: Review on a Website

It’s all up to the terms of use of the website.

Quote Quoting January
    View Post
    My question involves malpractice in the state of: CA

I negatively reviewed this doctor on one of the physician rating websites. I want to remove it from that website, not that I feel different about the doctor, but just want to move on though my mom was harmed by this doctor. The question is will I be able to remove it. Will this doctor be able to trace the review back to me/my mom. If yes, will this doctor be able to prove that the review came from us ( if we are not able to remove it for any reason).. Thanks
    When you post to a website, you likely cannot remove your post after a limited period of time and it becomes the property of that website. So if you go back to your post and there is no way to delete the post, you likely can't. You can try to contact the administrator of the site and ask that the post be deleted but there is no guarantee they will comply.

The metadata that attaches to your post that you don't see (that is information about you) such as your computer's or your phone's IP address and your ISP (internet service provider) is now known to the website. The Dr. could find out that information if he/she decided to sue for defamation by issuing a subpoena for that information served on the website.

Quote Quoting budwad
    View Post

The metadata that attaches to your post that you don't see (that is information about you) such as your computer's or your phone's IP address and your ISP (internet service provider) is now known to the website. The Dr. could find out that information if he/she decided to sue for defamation by issuing a subpoena for that information served on the website.
    If they decide to sue me for defamation, would that not bring things to public attention to what actually happened to my mother which might mean throwing mud on one self. Right now probably not many people know about it as my review is buried among other reviews.

Quote Quoting January
    View Post
    If they decide to sue me for defamation, would that not bring things to public attention to what actually happened to my mother which might mean throwing mud on one self.
    It could.

But unless one of the parties publicized the court case I doubt that most of the public would care to look it up.

Why didn't your mother file a malpractice lawsuit?

1. Sponsored Links