Default Unfinished Work

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: CT
    i hired a guy to remodel kitchen.......He removed old kitchen........Partly installed new kitchen........was supposed to return july 28th to finish......he contacted me saying he was behind schedule.......he never contacted me again or returned to finish the jog........thata was 5 months ago.......i finished the kitchen on my own......he was paid 2/3 of the estimated price........he contacted me today to talk....am i obligated to pay him the last 1/3 as he never finished the work?

Default Re: Unfinished Work

Quote Quoting mgarns
    View Post
    i hired a guy to remodel kitchen.......He removed old kitchen........Partly installed new kitchen........was supposed to return july 28th to finish......he contacted me saying he was behind schedule.......he never contacted me again or returned to finish the jog........thata was 5 months ago.......i finished the kitchen on my own......he was paid 2/3 of the estimated price........he contacted me today to talk....am i obligated to pay him the last 1/3 as he never finished the work?
    How much did it cost you to finish the work? More, or less than the 1/3rd you would have owed him?

Default Re: Unfinished Work

Quote Quoting mgarns
    View Post

Likely not, and you may be able to sue him for work he didn't do and you paid him for. I don't suppose you got a quote from another contractor for the work you did?

1. Sponsored Links