Question Can He Press Charges

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Indiana

My ex boyfriend he was 17 at the time. He's trying to press charges for rape, saying he was drunk when we had sex the second time. And he admitted to only pressing charges bc I won't take him back, i don't have any of the messages from when we were dating. i only that the ones of him telling me the he wan't to press charges, after 4 to 5 months later.

Default Re: Can He Press Charges

Quote Quoting AbbyP2019
    View Post
    My question involves criminal law for the state of: Indiana

My ex boyfriend he was 17 at the time. He's trying to press charges for rape, saying he was drunk when we had sex the second time. And he admitted to only pressing charges bc I won't take him back, i don't have any of the messages from when we were dating. i only that the ones of him telling me the he wan't to press charges, after 4 to 5 months later.
    The age of consent in Indiana is 16, so if he was 17 his age is not a factor. DO NOT take this guy back. Anyone who would threaten to cry rape if you don't take him back is not the kind of person you want to be with. I sincerely doubt that he will get anywhere with a rape claim even if he actually were to try to go through with it.

Default Re: Can He Press Charges

Your ex can make a police report and the prosecutor will decide whether or not to press charges. Based on the post above I would bet not.

If you are really worried about it, make several backups of his communications to you threatening to cry rape if you don't take him back, just in case they are needed. Then re-read those texts every few months to remind yourself to limit your dating to responsible adults versus immature brats - and age is no guarantee of maturity.

1. Sponsored Links