Default Will My Fiance / Future Mother to My Child Get Deported

My question involves marriage law for the State of: ARIZONE

Im a united states citizen. Last year me and my Fiance met while she was here studying in college.

She went home in January 2019 and I went with her to her country (GUYANA). We came back to United States together in August 2019 (She got a visitors visa good for 10 years).

With her visitors visa she can only stay for 6 months within one year. So her 6 months will be ending at the end of January 2020.

She got pregnant with my baby and is about 15 weeks. (Our delivery due date is June 6th, 2020).

We are planning to get married this month in the court (maybe next week?) What will we need to do so she can stay here ? Will she get deported? I want her to live here in the country with me. What do we need to do? Do we have enough time?

Also, if we get married. We will need to start the process for adjustment of status.. if her visa expires before its completed, what should we do?

Default Re: Will My Fiance / Future Mother to My Child Get Deported

Quote Quoting timetofocus
    View Post
    My question involves marriage law for the State of: ARIZONE

Im a united states citizen. Last year me and my Fiance met while she was here studying in college.

She went home in January 2019 and I went with her to her country (GUYANA). We came back to United States together in August 2019 (She got a visitors visa good for 10 years).

With her visitors visa she can only stay for 6 months within one year. So her 6 months will be ending at the end of January 2020.

She got pregnant with my baby and is about 15 weeks. (Our delivery due date is June 6th, 2020).

We are planning to get married this month in the court (maybe next week?) What will we need to do so she can stay here ? Will she get deported? I want her to live here in the country with me. What do we need to do? Do we have enough time?

Also, if we get married. We will need to start the process for adjustment of status.. if her visa expires before its completed, what should we do?
    Since it appears that she entered the US legally, you can file to adjust her status as soon as you are married. She should be able to stay while the adjustment paperwork goes through the system. I would recommend however than you hire an immigration attorney to handle things for you. The climate in this country regarding immigration is tense and I believe that it would be much safer to have an attorney on board handling things.

Thanks for the response,

I did some research and it seems like after we get married it could take up to 8 weeks to actually recieve the marriage certificate. In 8 weeks from now, I believe her time will be up.

It seems like to start the adjument process, we would need the certificate first. Is there anything we can do? Any other options?

I strongly encourage you to hire an immigration lawyer to assist and advise you on these matters.
    These are not good DIY projects.
    This is particularly true in the current political climate which, as llworking noted above, is much more hostile to immigration than it used to be.

Understood, Thank you.

1. Sponsored Links