Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Use of Rental Space

Quote Quoting JDIAC
    View Post
    I believe we will just move this stuff into the dining area. I really don't like to do this because then my daughter, who is only 3, goes and gets all of the toys out at once and makes a mess in the rest of the house. I really don't see what the issue here is. It is a room we do not use. We are paying to rent the space. It helps keep the rest of the house in order.

But like I mentioned, some of this was in the dining area before and she complained. If I move these things into the dining area where there are no windows, and it really cannot be claimed it is a safety issue, and she continues to complain about clutter, then it is fair to say she is just nitpicking, correct? If you have a landlord that is nitpicking and trying to control you in this way, what are your options? We really don't want to move until we are able to buy our own house.
    You tell her that you had the items stored in the guest room and she decided that was a hazard so you had no choice but to move them back to the dining room.

However, you do have the option of moving just some items to the dining room and leaving the rest in the guest room.

Or, pile everything neatly on the queen sized bed, leave a walkway around the bed and see what happens.

So I fixed it all up. I made a path way. The lease violation notice states it would be re-inspected today. But she didn't come. We waited all day when we had better things to do, considering this is one of our actual "weekend" days. Off Fri/Sat instead of the traditional Sat/Sun. I don't have any idea why she didn't come up to do her re-inspection. Maybe I should have called.

So since she did not come today as per the notice, does she have the right to enter on Monday? It is my understanding a 24 hour notice must be given unless it is an emergency...

Quote Quoting JDIAC
    View Post
    So since she did not come today as per the notice, does she have the right to enter on Monday? It is my understanding a 24 hour notice must be given unless it is an emergency...
    I think it was said or implied earlier in your post that we haven't read your lease, so we don't know what rights of entry it gives your landlord beyond what your state's laws allow.

24 hour notice unless emergency.

I guess what I am really trying to ask here is the lease violation, which was a 48 hour thing with a set date of re-inspection on Friday going to serve as a reason for them to enter on Monday since she did not come here today? Like would you say that a 24 hour notice right of entry expired when she did not come today or can she say whoops I got busy and come knocking at my door on Monday? Because this is really getting annoying

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2