Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    47.606 N 122.332 W in body, still at 90 S in my mind.

Default Re: Dentist Refused to Treat Me & Left Me Suffering!

You came here seeking answers and you got them. That you don't like them doesn't make them the wrong answers.

Doctors and dentists are not obligated to render treatment except under very specific scenarios and a sore tooth is not one of them.

Feel free to files suit. There isn't anything stopping you and you're positive that you're correct. This is not to say that a lawyer can be compelled to take your case or that you are qualified to handle it yourself pro se...but you can.

So go, have fun! I'm sure you can find the appropriate court and they'll be some paperwork to fill out...but you've got this all under control.
    "Where do those stairs go?"
    "They go up!"

Quote Quoting gail in georgia
    View Post
    If you hadn't been such a jerk regarding the need for more xrays by the new dentist, it's likely your tooth issue would have been taken care of.

Gail
    If youre that blind to see that the doc was the jerk youre stupid af. Dont be a lawyer. Ignorants like you who graduated from community college will never be successful in law.. ha ha.

Quote Quoting free9man
    View Post
    It was your choice not to see a dentist. If you couldn't afford one, you could have seen about payment plans or checked to see if there was a dental school that could have helped you.
    Smh.. This has NOTHING to do with payments. Your answer tells me you dont know what my thread is about and you dont know what youre talking about.

There was no negligence on the dentist's part.
    Ok if you say so.

Quote Quoting Mark47n
    View Post
    You came here seeking answers and you got them. That you don't like them doesn't make them the wrong answers.
    Its not that, its just that the answers dont make sense.

Doctors and dentists are not obligated to render treatment except under very specific scenarios and a sore tooth is not one of them.
    So a doc refusing to save someone dying from pain isnt obligated to save him/her. Yeah okayyyy dude.. lol.

So go, have fun! I'm sure you can find the appropriate court and they'll be some paperwork to fill out...but you've got this all under control.
    People are sued over the dumbest idiocy on earth and I cant sue for this. Yeah ok einstein.

Quote Quoting devin
    View Post

So a doc refusing to save someone dying from pain isnt obligated to save him/her. Yeah okayyyy dude.. lol.

You weren't dying of pain.

People are sued over the dumbest idiocy on earth and I cant sue for this. Yeah ok einstein.
    You are right and this would be a case of equal idiocy. You are free to sue. You have just been told you won't win and why.

Devin,
    Whether your complaint has merit or not or whether you are owed money in everyone's eyes means very little. They will not pay! You will be going up against lawyers for a medical malpractice policy. They are very good lawyers and guess what? Your lawyer has to be better to get a dime out of them. Also know that if you lose, you won't owe their attorney fees but they will come after you for their costs...which could be in the tens of thousands.

What personal injury lawyers often say is "if you lose you don't pay." But that is not entirely true. You don't pay them but you will pay the defendant's costs.

Quote Quoting devin
    View Post
    If youre that blind to see that the doc was the jerk youre stupid af. Dont be a lawyer. Ignorants like you who graduated from community college will never be successful in law.. ha ha.

Smh.. This has NOTHING to do with payments. Your answer tells me you dont know what my thread is about and you dont know what youre talking about.

Ok if you say so.

Its not that, its just that the answers dont make sense.

Doctors nor dentists have to treat anyone in pain. If the pain was causing you cardiac problems the doctor thought was threatening your life. The doctor or dentist could have a member of their staff call you a ambulance.

If you really believe doctors or dentists have to treat patients in pain. You do not know anything about chronic pain patients that are denied opiates. Some have left notes saying they committed suicide due to their pain not being treated or appropriately treated. Some have died due to cardiac complications from their pain not being treated or treated appropriately, according to their families. It is up to the doctor or dentist to decide what is a patient needs. They are the professionals, not the patient.

Medicine is a business. No one in business has to deal with customers/patients that are rude, threatening, etc. If the dentist, in his professional judgement thought you were dying. He had a responsibility to have someone on his staff call a ambulance to take you to the ER where you would receive appropriate treatment for your cardiac or breathing issues.

Quote Quoting devin
    View Post
    So why dont YOU endure not going to a dentist for a long time for your toothache then??
    I have endured dental pain that was temporary and I'd have liked to have seen a dentist faster than I did. So I don't doubt that you were miserable as a result. But that fact does not change what the law provides, which is that the dentist is under no obligation to treat you. I realize that you think the dentist should have that obligation, but what you think should be required and what the law actually requires are not the same thing.

Quote Quoting devin
    View Post
    How is enduring pain from negligence from a doc frivolous??
    What is frivolous is filing a complaint when you have no valid claim to pursue. Your pain was real, I don't doubt that at all. But simply being in pain doesn't give you a valid claim in court. You have to point to some law in your complaint that obligates the dentist to treat you in that situation. If you can't point to anything that obligates the dentist to do it then your complaint may be deemed frivolous because you have no valid claim to pursue.

So stop with the idea that being in pain obligates the dentist to do anything for you or that being in pain is what gives you complaint in court. That's the wrong focus. You have to look first at whether the law imposes a duty on the dentist to treat you. Without that duty there is no lawsuit. And the fact is that there is no law that imposes such a duty.

Quote Quoting devin
    View Post
    Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post
    I'll save you the trouble of looking. There IS no law that obligates the dentist to treat you in this situation.
    Uhh I dont know the law but I can say youre WRONG. Youre gonna tell me a doc can refuse to treat someone in pain. You dont know the law at all.
    What a phenomenally stupid statement.

You ADMIT that you "dont [sic] know the law" but then purport to disagree with one of the numerous posters who have told you that no law obligated the dentist to treat you in the situation you described. If you "dont [sic] know the law," what is your basis for disagreeing? The only way you can intelligently disagree is if you know of a law that says otherwise, so please cite the law that you think would require treatment.

And yes, in most case, "a doc[tor] [or dentist] can [and legally may] refuse to treat someone" (regardless of how much pain that person might be in).

I have invited you several times now to post a link to the law you believe was violated. I'm still waiting.

Consider that perhaps it's not that I don't know the law, but that you are wrong about what the law provides. Surely if there were a law that obligated the dentist to treat anyone in pain, someone would have posted it by now.

Quote Quoting devin
    View Post
    Apparently you don't know what the thread is about. You referenced having a painful tooth for a long time. If that was the case (which I can't be sure because your story is all over place), it was your choice to suffer with it until you went to the ER. You could have gone to a dentist before that. I was simply stating that if it was an issue of affording it, there were options.

At the end of the day, you were given options to see the dentist at the time you went. You chose not to exercise them. You have no lawsuit.

By the by, how is the tooth doing now?

1. Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3