Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: Dentist Refused to Treat Me & Left Me Suffering!

Quote Quoting devin
    View Post
    So according to you its ok for a doc to turn you away even if youre dying and need his help to live just cuz he didnt like that you snickered???
    First, there is a difference between "ok" and "legal". One can argue whether he had a moral obligation to treat you even if you were acting like a jerk. It appears that no one can (effectively) argue that had every LEGAL right to deny treatment.

The law pretty much everywhere says you cannot be denied EMERGENCY treatment in an Emergency room (i.e. a hospital). But, most hospitals do not have dental surgeons on call or even on staff, and most dental procedures are not going to rise to the level of a medical necessity (i.e. an emergency).

The ADA does not apply. Read up on it.

You are free to hire an attorney to review the facts for you and tell you whether you have a case or not, and how many (tens of) thousands of dollars it might cost you to just step up to the plate.
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

Devin, here is a little info added to what Carl said. Dentistry is a separate branch of science, as dentist's are not Physicians.

https://www.injuryclaimcoach.com/treatment-denial.html

So according to you its ok for a doc to turn you away even if youre dying and need his help to live just cuz he didnt like that you snickered???

But that's not what happened, is it? It wasn't a doctor; it was a dentist. And you weren't dying. And what he didn't like was that you refused additional xrays which he believed were necessary. So that's a meaningless comparison. And it's not what I said.

I'll save you the trouble of looking. There IS no law that obligates the dentist to treat you in this situation.

Quote Quoting devin
    View Post
    How is pain in the tooth a dentist refused to treat over his stupidity not considered a medical disability?
    Those medical problems that are temporary in nature (e.g. last only a few weeks or months) are generally not sufficient to be a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Thus, a cold, flu, sprained ankle, tooth aches, bruises, etc are all things that, while certainly medical problems are not the sorts of things that amount to disability under the Act.

Quote Quoting devin
    View Post
    Youre mistaking American Disability Act (ADA) with American Dental Association. I want to file a complaint with them since its a dental org that I greatly assume he belongs to.
    Your post wasn't clear what you meant by ADA. On a legal forum, ADA is generally going to be taken to mean Americans with Disabilities Act since that is an actual law. The American Dental Association has no role in the law aside from lobbying to help dentists get laws favorable to them. Note that the American Dental Association also has no role in supervising or disciplining dentists.

Quote Quoting devin
    View Post
    How would I get slapped with sanctions for filing a "frivolous" claim when its NOT a frivolous claim because I was in pain?? No offense but that doesnt make any sense. And why sanctions? I'm an individual not a business.
    Any litigant, individual or business, may be sanctioned for filing a frivolous complaint with the court. You being in pain isn't what determines if the complaint is frivolous. It is frivolous if the complaint has absolutely no merit, i.e. a complaint that has no basis in the law. If you sue the dentist for refusing to help you then you need to be able to point to some law that required the dentist to help you or you may face not only dismissal but perhaps sanctions as well. You cannot sue simply on the basis that it was "wrong" for the dentist to refuse to serve you. There are many things that people do that may be considered wrong, rude, inconsiderate or whatever that are not prohibited by law.

Quote Quoting devin
    View Post
    How would I state that law if I'm not a lawyer but asking for legal advice?

Never said it was. Youre not reading my thread right.
    You were not dying. If a patient presents at a doctor's office dying. The doctor should call a ambulance to take the patient to a hospital where the patient can be properly treated.

Not only were you not dying, pain from a tooth is not a medical "disability".

If you hadn't been such a jerk regarding the need for more xrays by the new dentist, it's likely your tooth issue would have been taken care of.

Gail

Quote Quoting RJR
    View Post
    Devin, here is a little info added to what Carl said. Dentistry is a separate branch of science, as dentist's are not Physicians.
    You make 0 sense. Dont reply here again please

Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post

It doesnt matter if i was dying or not. Thats an an exaggeration to make a point. I was in pain that i endured for a long while.

There IS no law that obligates the dentist to treat you in this situation.
    Uhh I dont know the law but I can say youre WRONG. Youre gonna tell me a doc can refuse to treat someone in pain. You dont know the law at all.

Quote Quoting devin
    View Post
    Uhh I dont know the law but I can say youre WRONG. Youre gonna tell me a doc can refuse to treat someone in pain. You dont know the law at all.
    Please enlighten us by posting the law you think requires dentists to treat someone in pain.

Quote Quoting Taxing Matters
    View Post
    [FONT=Georgia][SIZE=3]Those medical problems that are temporary in nature (e.g. last only a few weeks or months)
    So why dont YOU endure not going to a dentist for a long time for your toothache then?? See if thats temporary. If you still think it is you shouldnt be on this thread.

Any litigant, individual or business, may be sanctioned for filing a frivolous complaint with the court. You being in pain isn't what determines if the complaint is frivolous. It is frivolous if the complaint has absolutely no merit, i.e. a complaint that has no basis in the law. If you sue the dentist for refusing to help you then you need to be able to point to some law that required the dentist to help you or you may face not only dismissal but perhaps sanctions as well. You cannot sue simply on the basis that it was "wrong" for the dentist to refuse to serve you. There are many things that people do that may be considered wrong, rude, inconsiderate or whatever that are not prohibited by law.
    How is enduring pain from negligence from a doc frivolous??

Quote Quoting devin
    View Post
    So why dont YOU endure not going to a dentist for a long time for your toothache then?? See if thats temporary. If you still think it is you shouldnt be on this thread.
    It was your choice not to see a dentist. If you couldn't afford one, you could have seen about payment plans or checked to see if there was a dental school that could have helped you.

Quote Quoting devin
    View Post
    How is enduring pain from negligence from a doc frivolous??
    There was no negligence on the dentist's part.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast