Default Girlfriend Kicked Out - Access to Retrieve Property - State of Texas

I hope this is the right forum to post this. if not, please move accordingly.

This is the for the State of Texas

My daughter was in a relationship and living with an individual for close to 12 months. Not sure if it's important, but she updated her drivers license and a few other items to his address.

As it does too many times, the relationship went south. Specifically this morning and he told her to move out immediately. I had her load her vehicle up with her items as much as possible.

Since her vehicle isn't drivable, it was moved outside his gated area but is still on his property (I believe). I had planned on using U-haul to move the vehicle. There is still a handful of items located within the gated area of his property.

We have texted the individual that we will pick up her vehicle on Sunday. He has indicated that this is inconvenient for him and offered another 2 hour window (which I cannot accommodate)

So can I get the vehicle when I want to?
    What about accessing the other items that are within the the gated area?

Any help or assistance would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

Default Re: Girlfriend Kicked Out - Access to Retrieve Property - State of Texas

What do you mean by "gated area of his property." Explain the layout.

Default Re: Girlfriend Kicked Out - Access to Retrieve Property - State of Texas

Two things: First, your post doesn't really raise any legal issue. Second, your daughter was under no legal obligation to "move out immediately," and it was unwise for her to have done so without taking all of her property with her. I assume she no longer has a key to the residence.

Quote Quoting srb77777
    View Post
    So can I get the vehicle when I want to?
    Rather obviously, your ability to take possession of your daughter's car depends on where it's located. Your post indicates it is "outside his gated area but is still on his property," but that you're not certain about its location. Obviously, we have no information about the car's location beyond what you told us. Also, it's not clear what "his gated area" means. You also made reference to "his property." Is this property that he owns and that he has a portion of the property gated off?

Quote Quoting srb77777
    View Post
    What about accessing the other items that are within the the gated area?
    What about it? You said you suggested a time to pick up the stuff and he suggested a different time that doesn't work for you, so suggest another time that does work for you. We have no reason to believe that you and your daughter's ex-boyfriend cannot figure out a mutually convenient time. Or, better yet, let your daughter clean up her own mess.

1. Sponsored Links