Default Car Accident - Rear Ended

My question involves an injury that occurred in the state of: uk 🇬🇧

Hi,

So I was involved in an incident just over a month ago.

I turned left at a junction, I did my safety checks looking right left and right again (we drive on the left). There was no sign of any traffic approaching so I pulled out.

Shortly after (approx 10/15 meters) , there was a right turning, I indicated and then made my manoeuvre to then find my self hit into the back of by a moped.

The driver of the moped was injured so the police we called and he was taken in an ambulance.

I have just got a letter from a solicitor saying that they want to come after me because:

“I failed to brake steer or otherwise control my vehicle to avoid an accident.

I failed to give way

I failed to heed to the moped

Failed to indicate”

It goes without saying I deny these claims.

I have two witnesses who said they would testify for me and after filling in the report the police officer seemed to believe and tell me that it was pretty black and white he was at fault. Obviously that’s a good thing to hear but it’s hard to know that is exactly to be the outcome.

What do you guys think?

Default Re: Car Accident - Rear Ended

Same answer I would give anybody in the US.

You have auto liability insurance? Report it to your insurance company and let the experts handle it.

If you don't have insurance, hire a lawyer.

Quote Quoting RAWM
    View Post
    My question involves an injury that occurred in the state of: uk 🇬🇧
    Are you under the impression that "uk 🇬🇧" is a state in the United States? I think I'd have heard about that if something like that had happened.

To be fair, the question doesn't specify US state. And while the UK doesn't have "states" as political subdivisions it is, in itself a "state" in the sense that it is "a politically organized body of people usually occupying a definite territory especially : one that is sovereign." (From Merriam-Webster.)

Quote Quoting pg1067
    View Post
    Are you under the impression that "uk ����" is a state in the United States.

"uk ����" means "United Kingdom Great Britain". ie - England

How does the solicitor send you such a letter when he/she was not there, and (theoretically, anyway) has no video evidence that you did not meet your obligation while behind the wheel? Does stuff like that actually happen over there? Is there some other witness that corroborates the letter?

I agree that the lawyer idea is a good one. Other than that, I cant come up with anything else, as I don't know the way these situations tend to pan out by you.

good luck.

1. Sponsored Links