Default Social Security Disability 80% Calculation when Collecting Worker’s Compensation

What income is used when ssa calculates benefits for individuals that are collecting worker’s compensation? I had a salary of $103,000 with locality it was $120,000 . The 3 years prior to my in the job injury I made 138,000, 143,000. & 144,000. My SS statement stated $2600 benefit per month. My actual award letter stated $947. Don’t get me wrong I am grateful for the benefit, however, I would like to run through the numbers myself. When I went through the numbers with worker’s compensation I received a sizable back payment as the computation was done incorrectly.

Thank you

Default Re: Social Security Disability 80% Calculation when Collecting Worker’s Compensation

How many years did you work a FICA-paying job before you were disabled?

Default Re: Social Security Disability 80% Calculation when Collecting Worker’s Compensation

Look on page 1 at the link below.

https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10018.pdf

The social security website states:

We use different formulas to calculate your average current earnings. Which formula we use depends on your specific circumstances. Contact us for information about how your average current earnings were calculated.

This is not useful for calculating if your benefit computation was done correctly.

21 years

21 years of FICA paying employment. The benefit calculation using earned income average of the past 3 or 5 years opposed to base salary is much different.

1. Sponsored Links