Default Car Was Towed Because of "Snow Policy", Otherwise I Have Every "Right" to Park There

I live in Worcester, MA

My Question is how can it be legal for a small fleet of tow trucks to come into the apartment complex's tenant parking lots, and tow 2 Dozen+ Vehicles all Permitted tenant vehicles. I woke up to find my car gone. went to management, got an attitude about their "snow policy" First Ive heard of it, They put up notices for surprise inspections, but cant put up a Notice a day or two in advance "reminding" tenants to move their vehicle? Clearly I wasn't the only person unaware. It reeks of a scam/kickback situation.

I called the police to see if they could come out, maybe file a stolen vehicle report. But he wouldn't send anyone.

To make matters worse there's no street parking.

Default Re: Car Was Towed Because of "Snow Policy", Otherwise I Have Every "Right" to Park Th

Quote Quoting Nickluc
    View Post
    My Question is how can it be legal for a small fleet of tow trucks to come into the apartment complex's tenant parking lots, and tow 2 Dozen+ Vehicles all Permitted tenant vehicles.
    I don't really understand this question because it obviously would not be productive for us to come up with hypotheticals about why this might be legal. Have you reviewed your lease to see if it contains any mention of this "snow policy"?

If I were you, I'd ask the tow company to explain why it believes it was legal for it to two your car. If the explanation you get doesn't satisfy you, then you're free to sue your landlord and/or the tow company for whatever costs you incurred. Also, given that this has happened and you're likely to get a lot more snow over the next few months, you'd better be darn sure you understand the "snow policy."

1. Sponsored Links