Default Salesman Lied and then Continued to Lie

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: California
    You read the last story about the lease but you need to see what they really did. This is documented, in text from salesman and on video that the senior took with salesman knowing about it.l

The story starts with a set of seniors, Ginger is 70 and Ray is 82. They were assigned a fast talking, fast walking, fast moving type of salesman named Rami. Once he checked their credit and knew that they could come up with the down payment he was ready to tear them apart…piece by piece AND SHOVE A CAR DOWN THEIR THROAT.

They wanted a small SUV because of Rays bad back and his legs, plus Gingers bad hand. Rami said that he did not have the one that was in the paper or what they could afford on the lot but he told them to buy the car CLA250 and within a month to a month and a half he would get the SUV for them and all they would have to do is bring back the CLA250, sign a new contract for the GLA250 and drive off in the car you always wanted. This won’t take more than a couple of hours.

So the older couple did what Rami said to do and within a couple of days they call Rami and told him that it is too hard to get in and out of. Rami again claims that he will get them the car that they want. "Trust me" he says over and over again! This is documented, in text and on video tape (don't know how to attach it).

Time goes on and no Rami, no Chris Lanza (General Manager) and Jacqueline Nassar (floor manager) or OWNER: GARTH BLUMENTHAL are willing to do anything. They will ignore you, they will tell you that nobody can do anything for you and if you give them $4,000.00 they will get you the car in November (winter sale)..but then again they said maybe and maybe not.

Ray can not get in or out of this car without problems. He can not drive it so we take out old truck. Is this senior abuse or fraud? Remember we are the older generation and we really need help.

Default Re: Salesman Lied and then Continued to Lie

Quote Quoting ginlee22
    View Post
    My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: California
    You read the last story about the lease but you need to see what they really did. This is documented, in text from salesman and on video that the senior took with salesman knowing about it.l

The story starts with a set of seniors, Ginger is 70 and Ray is 82. They were assigned a fast talking, fast walking, fast moving type of salesman named Rami. Once he checked their credit and knew that they could come up with the down payment he was ready to tear them apart…piece by piece AND SHOVE A CAR DOWN THEIR THROAT.

They wanted a small SUV because of Rays bad back and his legs, plus Gingers bad hand. Rami said that he did not have the one that was in the paper or what they could afford on the lot but he told them to buy the car CLA250 and within a month to a month and a half he would get the SUV for them and all they would have to do is bring back the CLA250, sign a new contract for the GLA250 and drive off in the car you always wanted. This won’t take more than a couple of hours.

So the older couple did what Rami said to do and within a couple of days they call Rami and told him that it is too hard to get in and out of. Rami again claims that he will get them the car that they want. "Trust me" he says over and over again! This is documented, in text and on video tape (don't know how to attach it).

Time goes on and no Rami, no Chris Lanza (General Manager) and Jacqueline Nassar (floor manager) or OWNER: GARTH BLUMENTHAL are willing to do anything. They will ignore you, they will tell you that nobody can do anything for you and if you give them $4,000.00 they will get you the car in November (winter sale)..but then again they said maybe and maybe not.

Ray can not get in or out of this car without problems. He can not drive it so we take out old truck. Is this senior abuse or fraud? Remember we are the older generation and we really need help.
    You might want to get a consult with a local attorney to see if that attorney feels that he/she can help in any way. The car salesman definitely lied to you if he told you that you could buy one car then, and then exchange it a few weeks/months later for something else.

Quote Quoting llworking
    View Post
    You might want to get a consult with a local attorney to see if that attorney feels that he/she can help in any way. The car salesman definitely lied to you if he told you that you could buy one car then, and then exchange it a few weeks/months later for something else.
    Trouble is, it's not really a "lie." Ray and Ginger can go back and exchange their vehicle for another any time they want to. It's called a "trade in" and they pay the difference between the current value of the vehicle and the cost of another vehicle.

Not that I'm defending car dealers (I hate them) but I am damned tired of people using old age as an excuse for being gullible. Did they really manage to make it into their 70s and 80s without developing any common sense?

smh.

Quote Quoting ginlee22
    View Post
    You read the last story about the lease
    Huh?

Quote Quoting ginlee22
    View Post
    Is this senior abuse or fraud?
    Your post is so full of rhetoric an conclusory allegations that it's impossible to know.

Quote Quoting ginlee22
    View Post
    we really need help.
    Are you Ginger or Ray? Are Ginger and Ray married?

Quote Quoting adjusterjack
    View Post
    I am damned tired of people using old age as an excuse for being gullible. Did they really manage to make it into their 70s and 80s without developing any common sense?
    Amen.

Quote Quoting adjusterjack
    View Post
    Not that I'm defending car dealers (I hate them) but I am damned tired of people using old age as an excuse for being gullible. Did they really manage to make it into their 70s and 80s without developing any common sense?
    I agree with you when the old folks involved are still fairly mentally competent. But it is no secret that the mental ability of a number of seniors diminishes as they age. Those suffering that problem I think may justifiably use that as their reason or excuse for, as you put it, being gullible.

Quote Quoting ginlee22
    View Post
    Why didn't Ray ensure he could get in/out of the car BEFORE signing a contract?

Salesman told us to drive this car for a few weeks then he would get the car we wanted and use this car to switch with new one

Quote Quoting ginlee22
    View Post
    Salesman told us to drive this car for a few weeks then he would get the car we wanted and use this car to switch with new one
    He either flat out lied or you misunderstood. The car business simply does not work that way.

You will never prove he said such a thing.

Can prove it have it on video tape and in text. I'm Ginger and do not know how to attach it for all of you to see it. Taped this after 6 days when he kept telling us that he was going to get us the car that we wanted. We walked into dealership with just enough down and on budget. Salesman knew this. So when he told us that he was going to trade this car it was to with no further money down. He knew what he was saying and what he was doing to get brownie points from his boss.

Quote Quoting ginlee22
    View Post
    Can prove it have it on video tape and in text. I'm Ginger and do not know how to attach it for all of you to see it. Taped this after 6 days when he kept telling us that he was going to get us the car that we wanted. We walked into dealership with just enough down and on budget. Salesman knew this. So when he told us that he was going to trade this car it was to with no further money down. He knew what he was saying and what he was doing to get brownie points from his boss.

Again, why didn't Ray ensure he could get in/out of the car BEFORE signing a contract?

1. Sponsored Links