Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Check Made Out to the 'Estate Of.' Bank Won't Accept Small Estate Affidavit to Open

My question involves estate proceedings in the state of:

Default Re: Check Made Out to the 'Estate Of.' Bank Won't Accept Small Estate Affidavit to Op

Go to a different bank.

Default Re: Check Made Out to the 'Estate Of.' Bank Won't Accept Small Estate Affidavit to Op

If the rest of that subject line is "...an account for the small estate." I agree 100% with adjusterjack.

went to bank of America...legal department said seek legal advice
    I live in Missouri my affidavit for small estate is from ar. the money is from unclaimed property in Arkansas

Two of us suggest you find another bank. I'd try one that is more local.

You could also head across the border and use an Arkansas bank if they are having a problem with the AR order.

So...you've got an original post with no content whatsoever, a thread subject header that is an incomplete sentence, and a follow up that sheds some clarity on the situation, but it's still quite unclear what is happening.

Apparently, someone to whom you are related died. Correct? Who was it, and when did he/she die (note that I'm not looking for a name, but rather a relation)?

Apparently, someone issued a check to "Estate of [Dead Person's Name]." Correct? Who issued the check (again, not a name)? How much is the check?

Is "PayrolGuy's" assumption about the thread subject header correct? If so, why do you want to open an estate account?

Have you asked the maker of the check to issue the check to you and provided the maker with your small estate affidavit? If not, why not? If so, what response did you receive?

I'm beginning to wonder if the OP got an EIN from the IRS to use for the estate account.

My father died in 2011 with no will. In August of this year I discovered that the state of Arkansas was holding money as unclaimed property. The money was from 2 insurance companies. I claimed the money and a worker advised me to file an Affidavit for Collection of Small estate. I filed it and was mailed a check made out to the estate of my father.
    The check is 10k. I asked them to issue to me but they would not, not sure why. Opening an estate account was how I thought I would be able to cash the check.

Is this all estate affidavit from before (like 2011) when you may have administered your fathers estate or something recent?

No the affidavit is recent I filed it September
    . I filed it to claim the money being held

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast