Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Check Made Out to the 'Estate Of.' Bank Won't Accept Small Estate Affidavit to Op

Did anybody administer his estate previously in any way?

and if so, was it you and what process was used (small estate, regular probate, something else)?

Default Re: Check Made Out to the 'Estate Of.' Bank Won't Accept Small Estate Affidavit to Op

Quote Quoting Murphya
    View Post
    My father died in 2011 with no will. In August of this year I discovered that the state of Arkansas was holding money as unclaimed property. The money was from 2 insurance companies. I claimed the money and a worker advised me to file an Affidavit for Collection of Small estate. I filed it and was mailed a check made out to the estate of my father.
    The check is 10k. I asked them to issue to me but they would not, not sure why. Opening an estate account was how I thought I would be able to cash the check.
    No bank is likely to open an estate account without letters of administration issued by a probate court. I suggest you confer with a local probate attorney.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2