Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Default Re: Quitclaim Overturned Due to Duress

up until 2014 he simply would not be allowed to accrue cash of that amount. In 2014 a special type of account was created that did allow up to $100,000 to be gifted by other parties or otherwise saved but it is impossible for him to have legally saved $100,000 from his ssi income alone. If he saved every penny from a max monthly benefit of $771 for the 5 years since such accounts were created (which obviously is longer than the actual time in your scenario), he could have an absolute max of $58k and change. That would allow for $2000 (which is surely more than the actual amount allowable 5 years ago) of assets he could hold plus every penny in the ensuing 5 years based on the current max benefit of $771 per month.

You stated he saved the money from his benefits which means it was simply not legally possible to have $100,000 from his own income.

again, your claims simply do not line up with what is possible or even likely in the real world.

anyway, there really isn’t anything more that can be said. If you wish to contest the action of rescinding the deed delivered to you, you best get going. Time to initiate such a contest is limited if it hasn’t already expired. Even if you can argue the clock tolled due to you not being served properly, it started running Again once you became aware of the situation.

tick tock, tick tock

I don't think you understand. Since the 1990s, the department of social security was either sending checks or direct depositing cash into a joint bank account. Add 20 years at 700, and that exceeds your figure, even with your 2014 exception.

This was never about my brothers SSI/DI income, and I understand he probably gets only SSI, but you made a point of making an argument out of a matter unrelated to my original questions and problems.

Quote Quoting ajmcello78
    View Post
    I don't think you understand. Since the 1990s, the department of social security was either sending checks or direct depositing cash into a joint bank account. Add 20 years at 700, and that exceeds your figure, even with your 2014 exception.

This was never about my brothers SSI/DI income, and I understand he probably gets only SSI, but you made a point of making an argument out of a matter unrelated to my original questions and problems.
    You don’t seem to understand that he was not allowed,legally, to possess assets of that value, even if he could have possibly accrued such an amount of money. Currently a person without an able fund can hold only $2000. If he had more than that, he was no longer eligible for ssi. So either he illegally collected ssi for many years or your understanding of the facts is incorrect. Of course, the point of ssi is to provide money to live on where they don’t have others means of support. That means he would have to actually spend the money he received. If he didn’t need to spend it to provide for himself, it would prove he was not eligible for ssi. Due to that, if he legally received ssi he could not have possibly accrued $100,000 from his ssi benefits.

as to the value of the discussion of your brothers situation. It helps allow one to determine the veracity of the writer. As it stands, your claims about your brother are implausible and due to that, any statement you make is suspect.

so go hire a lawyer to fight your case for you.

Your initial accusation didn't say legally. So now he legally can't posses that much, even though it is possible to accrue that much. Is that what you are trying to tell me? My brother has never been in control ofhis finances, it was a representative. In this case, joint reps. His access has only been limited to small amounts.

I understand SSI is dished out in a way to allow you to live monthly, and generally it is very little. However, he still accrued this much, regardless of whether it was legal or not. I don't understand why you are trying to argue this?

You throw out what you can and then discredit me. You're becoming abusive and close to what would be considered "personal attacks." Do you know that? It's becoming far off topic. My point of coming here was to find a solution to a problem I'm having, yet, I get attacked.

47.606 N 122.332 W in body, still at 90 S in my mind.

See my previous post...
    "Where do those stairs go?"
    "They go up!"

...which is? the one you made several days ago under this topic and attacked me? Contact me privately with your name and address. Thanks.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5