Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Mich Washtenaw County Deputy List Me at Fault Instead of the Actual Person That Hit M

My question involves an injury that occurred in the state of: Michigan
    washtenaw county deputy list me at fault instead of the actual person that hit me my insurance company knows im not at fault the guy that hit me admitted he was at fault
    faulire to yield is listed on the report having me at fault, he gave me the other guys insurance info registration and license an mine to him. i finally got my license back from the other guy a day later
    the deputy gave hard time about was at fault until i brought up the switching of are iinfo and id then agreed to change it making me not at fault i waited 3 days no change i called for 2 days the the second he said he had just finished making the correction. today i go to get new copy same at fault failure to yield on report. who do i contact tomake this deputy quit jerking me around.

Default Re: Mich Washtenaw County Deputy List Me at Fault Instead of the Actual Person That H

If you were cited for the accident you go to court and defend yourself. Otherwise, you deal with this through your insurance.

Default Re: Mich Washtenaw County Deputy List Me at Fault Instead of the Actual Person That H

Quote Quoting mrjahvi
    View Post
    today i go to get new copy same at fault failure to yield on report. who do i contact tomake this deputy quit jerking me around.
    If you didn't get cited, forget about it. The deputy's report and conclusion is meaningless because he didn't witness the accident. In the unlikely event that you have to go to court on the civil case, he will not be allowed to testify to hearsay and the report will be inadmissible.

It's the details of the accident that count.

Unfortunately, some insurance companies use police reports to decide whether or not to pay a liability claim. If you can't get the other driver's insurance to pay for your damage you can make the claim on your collision coverage (if you have it) and then let your insurance company go after the money.

Please provide the details of how the accident happened.

And have you contacted the other driver's insurance company? With what results?

i got my claim all set on that. but im up for renewal, my insurance agent told me if want t go with another company this will make my insurance go up from my report. he said he did not write a ticket but but agent says the state can still issue me one anyway from this. at this point i dont believe anything this deputy has to say.

In any future posts, please make an effort to use something that resembles proper capitalization and punctuation. Doing so will make it easier to read and understand what you write.

Quote Quoting mrjahvi
    View Post
    washtenaw county deputy list me at fault instead of the actual person that hit me
    Lists you where? If you're talking about a police report, an assessment of "fault" is nothing but an opinion and, if the cop who wrote the report did not witness the accident, the opinion is almost completely meaningless.

Quote Quoting mrjahvi
    View Post
    my insurance company knows im not at fault the guy that hit me admitted he was at fault
    Then why do you care what the deputy wrote?

because it can raise my insurance like i stated in my last reply. im on disability so my imcome is limited, new insurance laws make it higher in metro detroit.

A police report is not going to impact your auto insurance rates -- especially if your insurer has made a determination regarding the claim that is directly contrary to what the police report says.

Keep in mind, folks, that it is entirely possible to be struck by a vehicle and still be the party most at fault. If a driver fails to stop at an uncontrolled intersection or yield to oncoming traffic as required under the law and they proceed out in front of an approaching vehicle, they can and should be at fault. Of course, we have no idea how this collision occurred, but if he was cited for failure to yield, I suspect that he is accused of turning or entering traffic in front of an oncoming vehicle.
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

my car was not in motion but a complete stop. my car facing north and the car that hit me was coming from the east making a left turn from the medium crossing my left driver side. that driver in the process of turning was hit back right passenger door and swung into me. as i was at a complete stop not moving. the car that hit him was preceding east from west driving at least 35 to 40 miles an hour in slippery snow conditions. this explain to the deputy but he put me at fault not the other two drivers.

Again, report all the details to your insurer as you observed them. The police officer's determination of fault means NOTHING as you have been told.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast