Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Mich Washtenaw County Deputy List Me at Fault Instead of the Actual Person That H

my agent knows and they told have this corrected because if if and when i go with a new company my rates go up. i have stated this in my first. my agent also i can still get a ticket from the state.

Default Re: Mich Washtenaw County Deputy List Me at Fault Instead of the Actual Person That H

The likelihood of you getting a ticked from an officer that did not personally witness the accident is slim to none on a civil infraction where there are no personal injuries.

(3) A police officer may issue a citation to a person who is a driver of a motor vehicle involved in an accident when, based upon personal investigation, the officer has reasonable cause to believe that the person is responsible for a civil infraction in connection with the accident. A police officer may issue a citation to a person who is a driver of a motor vehicle when, based upon personal investigation by the police officer of a complaint by someone who witnessed the person violating this act or a local ordinance substantially corresponding to this act, which violation is a civil infraction, the officer has reasonable cause to believe that the person is responsible for a civil infraction and if the prosecuting attorney or attorney for the political subdivision approves in writing the issuance of the citation.
    http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(4jf...me=mcl-257-742

I would take the advise already given and forget about it. If you continue to try to get the report changed, all you will do is piss off the officer.

my insurance agent says it takes 3 to 4 business days for revision. if no change, then im asking for him to send the ticket in mail fir a court date and be done with the matter. as far as pissing him off? the police as a whole have been pulling shady stuff with me for awhile.

Quote Quoting mrjahvi
    View Post
    the deputy gave hard time about was at fault until i brought up the switching of are iinfo and id then agreed to change it making me not at fault i waited 3 days no change i called for 2 days the the second he said he had just finished making the correction. today i go to get new copy same at fault failure to yield on report..
    In your first post, you posted the above quote. So what now makes you think that the officer is going to revise the report? You already waited 3 to 4 business days and you got the same report.

if no change, then im asking for him to send the ticket in mail fir a court date and be done with the matter.
    Either you didn't understand the statute I quoted or you are a glutton for punishment. Why would you request that the officer send you a ticked for failure to yield when he didn't witness the accident? How does that help you?

Since this is Michigan, unless the injuries breach the threshold set in statute (if op had no insurance it would be a different story as lack of proper insurance removes the protections of the no fault protections in the insurance laws) op is not liable for the other drivers damages nor is other driver liable for ops damages. Outside of that, the insurance company can and often places a surcharge regardless of fault of accident. Some people have a tendency to be involved in more,accidents than others and rightfully their insurance is adjusted accordingly.

beyond that, as others have stated, the police do not make a legal conclusion of fault. It is the purview of a court of law to make such determination if it needs to be legally determined.

what a cop will issue a ticket for is a violation of a law. If op violated no laws, he won’t recieve a (valid) ticket. If it is determined op,violated a law, he could receive a ticket whether he was at fault for the accident or not. If the cop reported to the scene and didn not issue a ticket, I doubt a ticket would be forthcoming. Most police tend to issue tickets on site if they believe they are justified.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2