Default Legalities of My Boyfriend Moving in with Me

I'm 17, and my boyfriend is 16. When I turn 18, I plan on moving out of state and want him to come with me. His mother is ok with it, but we've hit a brick wall. My boyfriend is transgender, and takes testosterone. How could I go about getting the testosterone for him? I'm guessing I'd need a Notice to Provider issues, but what steps would I have to take before then to ensure I could get it from the court?

Default Re: Legalities of My Boyfriend Moving in with Me

So, you are going to runaway from home? Or, do you also have permission and support from YOUR parents to move out of state?

As a minor, how will you get a job? Enter into a rental contract? Support yourself? Get medical care?

And YOU can't get your boyfriend anything. He can get anything he needs himself - provided he has the coverage or the payment, and depending on the state, parental permission.

Understand, also, that moving out of state in order to shack up and engage in sexual relations can be a violation of federal law as well as the possibility that your actions could be a violation of state laws as well. What state are you in now, and into what state are you moving?
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

His mother will have to give you medical power of attorney. Will he still be covered by the insurance he has now ? Is there a deductible and co/pay associated with his doctor visits and prescriptions ? What kind of job will you have ? Can you support yourself and him ? What will he do about school ? You will also need legal.power of attorney for things like school.

Carl has a valid pont about federal and state laws. Medical providers and schools are mandatory reporters for possible child abuse. It will not matter that he has his mother's permission to be with you or that he is with you willingly.

Quote Quoting Skarlet
    View Post
    How could I go about getting the testosterone for him?
    If your "boyfriend's" mother gave you power of attorney, then you might be able to legally acquire prescription medication for "him." Otherwise, you can't.

Quote Quoting Skarlet
    View Post
    I'm guessing I'd need a Notice to Provider issues, but what steps would I have to take before then to ensure I could get it from the court?
    I have no idea what "a Notice to Provider issues" might mean, and it's not clear what "it" refers to in this sentence, but there isn't anything you can or will get from a court with respect to the situation you have described.

Quote Quoting cdwjava
    View Post
    So, you are going to runaway from home? Or, do you also have permission and support from YOUR parents to move out of state?
    The OP wrote, "When I turn 18, I plan on moving out of state."

Quote Quoting Skarlet
    View Post
    I'm 17, and my boyfriend is 16. When I turn 18, I plan on moving out of state and want him to come with me. His mother is ok with it, but we've hit a brick wall. My boyfriend is transgender, and takes testosterone. How could I go about getting the testosterone for him? I'm guessing I'd need a Notice to Provider issues, but what steps would I have to take before then to ensure I could get it from the court?
    It's very simple. You can't.

Even assuming you are able to get your own health insurance, you may rest assured that you will not be able to include him on your coverage as long as he is a minor. I've worked with health insurance for 40 years now. Don't even imagine you'll be able to cover him - it simply will not happen.

If she chooses to, his mother can continue to cover him on her insurance until he turns 26. She *may* be required to do so until he turns 18, but I'd have to look at your unnamed state law. But I promise you, it doesn't matter what state you are in, there is no provision for you to provide him with any kind of coverage or prescriptions.

1. Sponsored Links