Default For Accident Judgement Over 10 Years Old, How Can I Get It Released

My question involves a driver's license issued by the State of: Texas. I had an accident ( woman hit my car) while sitting in a drive way. Her insurance company sued, got a judgement. I was not served that I am aware of, but it went to court in a county 80 miles from the accident or county either party lived in. What do I need to do to try to get it released?

Default Re: For Accident Judgement Over 10 Years Old, How Can I Get It Released

Not quite sure what you're contemplating or what this has to do with "a driver's license," but a quick Google search indicates that judgments issued by Texas state courts are only enforceable for ten years. Therefore, if, as the subject header of your post indicates, the judgment against you is over ten years old (and if it hasn't been renewed), then it's unenforceable, and there is nothing to "release."

Default Re: For Accident Judgement Over 10 Years Old, How Can I Get It Released

A judgment in Texas can be renewed right before the 10 year period.

Gerry, you need to make sure the renewal hasn't happened.

That said, I don't know if the judgment becoming stale gets a suspension hold on your driver's license removed or not.

1. Sponsored Links