Default Help,bank Teller Stole Money from Deposit.drive Trough Incident

-My question involves criminal law for the state of: Florida
    Today I used this Wells Fargo branch that I never used before, we regularly deposit around $5 thousands cash plus some checks,well,today basically the teller told me I was missing $1600 from the total cash amount I wrote in the slip, she sent me the money back for me to recount it and in fact yes we were missing $1600 but I know as a fact we had the full amount,I parked my car went inside.basically the bank manager told me she counted the money from the bank teller drawer and everything was perfect.I requested to see the cameras of her handling the money and she told me there is no cameras on a teller?! she was alone there, lunch time,young woman, what are my actual chances to get my money back?! I mean what kind of investigation can be made if there is no cameras ? this is insane, please help,thanks in advance.
    ps.from now on I'LL make sure just to go inside and personal deposit the money,this is sad.

Default Re: Help,bank Teller Stole Money from Deposit.drive Trough Incident

Quote Quoting BankTeller
    View Post
    I requested to see the cameras of her handling the money and she told me there is no cameras on a teller?!
    Is this one of the drive up tellers where you put the deposit in a tray or pneumatic tube? If so, she is probably sequestered in an alcove or something where there's no customer entry and no need of cameras.

Quote Quoting BankTeller
    View Post
    what are my actual chances to get my money back?! I mean what kind of investigation can be made if there is no cameras ?
    Call the police if you are really convinced that the cash you handed over included the missing $1600. Did you count the cash before you handed it over? Did you count it before you left the office? Was it out of your sight there at all? You wrote "we." Do others routinely handle your money? Do some checking and some soul searching before you accuse somebody of a felony.

Quote Quoting BankTeller
    View Post
    ps.from now on I'LL make sure just to go inside and personal deposit the money,this is sad.
    That's what I was going to suggest. The only time I bank outside is when I am getting cash or depositing a check. Cash deposits always get made inside at any bank.

Quote Quoting BankTeller
    View Post
    what are my actual chances to get my money back?
    No one here has any way of intelligently assessing this.

Quote Quoting BankTeller
    View Post
    from now on I'LL make sure just to go inside and personal deposit the money
    What method did you use to deposit the money in this instance?

yes the pneumatic tube, when I say the "we" it's just my wife and I, she counted the money in front of me before I left the house, put it in a closed enveloped with the slip already filled, we have a small rental business, seriously how can not be cameras on top of the teller, that sounds impossible to me, this a messy situation,I feel pretty discouraged to be honest.

I called also the police today and made a report but I told them to wait before proceed just because I have faith that maybe the woman regrets the move? Do you think she knew about the cameras situation and took advantage because she was alone? I just feel bad,I don't to want destroy someone's life because she made a mistake in desperation for money because some kind of personal emergency situation.

I just hate myself for using that drive trough and not going inside the bank myself to make the deposit,I deserve this,Im an idiot.

Quote Quoting BankTeller
    View Post
    seriously how can not be cameras on top of the teller, that sounds impossible to me,
    Go back to the bank, go inside and look for all the cameras and see if any point to where she sits.

Quote Quoting BankTeller
    View Post

I called also the police today and made a report but I told them to wait before proceed just because I have faith that maybe the woman regrets the move? Do you think she knew about the cameras situation and took advantage because she was alone? I just feel bad,I don't to want destroy someone's life because she made a mistake in desperation for money because some kind of personal emergency situation.
    If she did steal the money and the bank folks won't back you up, then she isn't going to regret it or come forward. It's your word against hers. Did the bank manager think to search her belongings and her space? With that kind of accusation I would think they would take more positive action rather than cover it up.

I think it's also time to talk to the corporate bank management and/or switch banks.

Every Wells Fargo I've been to, the drive through tellers are at visible windows that drivers can see in. Sometimes one of the inside tellers helps cover the drive through but they move back and forth to the drive through station. They have also, in my experience, all had cameras over ALL teller stations including the drive through seats. It is possible though that if the teller was helping to cover the drive through from inside, she was running the transaction through her inside station which would require moving back and forth with the money. There could be camera blind spots in that case that she is aware of and can take advantage of.

It just seems odd for her to make a go at this much money. $20 here and there, maybe a $100 might be explainable as customer error. Although a pattern of such shortages should trigger some kind of investigation. Maybe this wasn't her first rodeo and she was getting more bold.

Quote Quoting free9man
    View Post
    Every Wells Fargo I've been to, the drive through tellers are at visible windows that drivers can see in. Sometimes one of the inside tellers helps cover the drive through but they move back and forth to the drive through station. They have also, in my experience, all had cameras over ALL teller stations including the drive through seats. It is possible though that if the teller was helping to cover the drive through from inside, she was running the transaction through her inside station which would require moving back and forth with the money. There could be camera blind spots in that case that she is aware of and can take advantage of.

It just seems odd for her to make a go at this much money. $20 here and there, maybe a $100 might be explainable as customer error. Although a pattern of such shortages should trigger some kind of investigation. Maybe this wasn't her first rodeo and she was getting more bold.
    agreed

1. Sponsored Links